You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: Shackler's Revenge Footage

Axl S wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i mean bad for the new gnr single as most people will turn off all the songs they don't know

Perhaps. To be honest if they don't get this song on radio it's not gonna be a hit so anything else is a non-factor until that happens.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

No need for a new thread on this, so I'll post it in here. From the  Philly Inquirer's  fall CD preview.

Guns N' Roses
Axl Rose is the Ralph Ellison, the J.D. Salinger, the Harper Lee of hard rock. GNR once defined metal-edged swagger, but it's been a decade and a half since the band'”with Slash and Izzy Stradlin long gone'”has released an album. Several songs from 'Chinese Democracy' were leaked this summer, and one, 'Shackler's Revenge,' is on the video game Rock Band 2, raising hopes that this is the year 'Democracy' (due by Christmas, maybe) spreads across the globe.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

No need for a new thread on this, so I'll post it in here. From the  Philly Inquirer's  fall CD preview.

Guns N' Roses
Axl Rose is the Ralph Ellison, the J.D. Salinger, the Harper Lee of hard rock. GNR once defined metal-edged swagger, but it's been a decade and a half since the band'”with Slash and Izzy Stradlin long gone'”has released an album. Several songs from 'Chinese Democracy' were leaked this summer, and one, 'Shackler's Revenge,' is on the video game Rock Band 2, raising hopes that this is the year 'Democracy' (due by Christmas, maybe) spreads across the globe.

And the key words being due by Christmas MAYBE.  They fucked up big time now.  This Rock Band thing was free and easy promo.  So long 2008.  So who has 2009 for the year it is released?

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Guns N' Roses

And the key words being due by Christmas MAYBE.  They fucked up big time now.  This Rock Band thing was free and easy promo.  So long 2008.  So who has 2009 for the year it is released?

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions--I would expect any news or single to hit us between the eyes--in other words, a huge surprise we don't see coming, if in fact the album is coming this fall.  I believe Shackler's is a great song for a game like this, and is good publicity--single or not.  In fact, if they do not release this as an official single, I think it benefits the band, as it is still a leak (a little danger); but will get free distribution without cost, thus publicity.  Once the game is out (14th), they will not try to pursue torrent sharing of this song. 

Right now, I expect one of two scenarios to happen in the not so distant future:

--CD comes out in November, and there is a GNR reunion in early 2010, with massive summer tour.

--There is a GNR reunion early next year, with a massive summer tour following.  Chinese Democracy comes out next fall, and an album with the original members follows closely in 2010.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Guns N' Roses

I wouldn't jump to any conclusions--I would expect any news or single to hit us between the eyes--in other words, a huge surprise we don't see coming, if in fact the album is coming this fall.  I believe Shackler's is a great song for a game like this, and is good publicity--single or not.  In fact, if they do not release this as an official single, I think it benefits the band, as it is still a leak (a little danger); but will get free distribution without cost, thus publicity.  Once the game is out (14th), they will not try to pursue torrent sharing of this song. 

Right now, I expect one of two scenarios to happen in the not so distant future:

--CD comes out in November, and there is a GNR reunion in early 2010, with massive summer tour.

--There is a GNR reunion early next year, with a massive summer tour following.  Chinese Democracy comes out next fall, and an album with the original members follows closely in 2010.

I expect nothing.  Like I said before.  If by Monday GNR stays silent then forget about CD this year.  And then yeah I agree.  A reunion will happen before CD.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Not necessarily.  They could make an announcement sometime in between now and the end of October for a late Nov. release.

gnfnraxl

gnfnraxl wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

Not necessarily.  They could make an announcement sometime in between now and the end of October for a late Nov. release.

Like I told Russ.  There is no law against dreaming my friend.  Just hope you won't be too disappointed.  5

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

People are giving up far too quickly on the Rock Band 2 promotion. The big promotion will come at Christmas anyways for the holiday season. RB2 will be a HUGE SELLER. The PS3 & Wii versions aren't even out yet. Neither are the bundles, I don't think. Those are the big sellers usually.

Oh and by the way, did I mention how much I fucking love this song? It kicks major ass!

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

[youtube]http://www.http[/url]://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4fybBIbNE0[/youtube]

Another video of the song in game. Quality is still meh

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

is the new leak any better in quality as the one we already have?

Board footer