You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Re: Del James Interview

Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh yeah. Both him and Axl, as well as Beta, seem like very very immature people, despite their age.

in what way?

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Paxcow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Oh yeah. Both him and Axl, as well as Beta, seem like very very immature people, despite their age.

in what way?

Ever notice that Axl rarely bashes Slash when he rarely does an interview?  Yet Del and Beta bashes Slash everytime they open their mouths.  I'm starting to think that they feel more threaten by him than Axl.  Why I don't know?  So that would be an example of their immaturity.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:

i disagree. del just sticks up for axl because he's a real friend. i know it pisses me off when people talk shit about my friends, and i always have their backs. there's absolutely nothing immature or wrong with sticking up for your friends. it's called loyalty. people ask him questions about axl. it's not like he's taking out press releases talking about axl just so he can bash slash or anything. personally, i believe the things del says. he's a no bullshit type of guy, and that's awesome. he and axl are alot alike.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

It's called being obsessed and being an asskisser. That's what Del James is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Pax, if Del is a good friend, and Axl likes him, that's great.

But that's not how he comes across. He comes across as an obsessed fanboy, that thinks Axl is his exclusive and ONLY friend. He's like the insecure wife, who marries your best friend, then suddenly steals your friend away from everyone that's always known him.

Del might be a good guy, and i'm way off on this, but Del & Beta go on and on and on about Slash on EVERYTHING, and it's such old news. No one cares, and it comes across as really really weak ass. Axl is a big boy. If he has some shit to say about Slash, he'll say it, and I have NO DOUBT in my mind that he would. For a long time, Matt Sorum came across the same way with Slash, except Matt actually was IN the band. But he used to do the same shit against Axl. Like he 'spoke for Mr. Hudson'.

This whole old band breakup, from day one, on BOTH sides has been like a bad nightmare of a CUSTODY battle. The husbands friends talk shit about the wife, and the wife's friends talk shit about the husband, and in reality NONE OF THEM other than Axl himself and Slash himself know the exact story.

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:

i don't like all this shit talking about del. i really don't get it. where is all this hostility coming from? del's not obsessed nor an ass kisser. he's just telling it like it is, and sticking up for his friend. i think it's really ridiculous what you guys are saying.

warriorpriestess

gnfnraxl wrote:

Wow Del.  Hope you don't have a funny smell constantly up your nose because you have it stuck in someone else's......  Well you can all figure it out.  Otherwise I respect him for getting sober and trying to stay sober.

dude. there is a MAJOR difference between being up someone's ass and having a best friend. i am so sick of seeing it painted as one and the same. didn't you read the history he has with Axl? have you ever had a friend like that who was on their way up, that has consistently taken  care of you and had your back not matter what?

friendship & love do NOT equal ass kissing. neither does loyalty. 17

ass kissing is something shallow and lame that a person will do for selfish reasons.

i.e. it would be ass kissing if i agreed with you just so you would like me.

I sincerely hope to like and be liked but i am not going to sacrifice truth and integrity for it.

At least you respect him for being sober though wink

warriorpriestess

Mikkamakka wrote:

until you have met the guy face to face for yourself and gotten to know him, you just CANNOT make that kind of judgment. 2

I haven't bopped around here bragging about knowing Del (cause I don't believe in name dropping) and I certainly do not know him on a very close basis but I HAVE met him and he is not "obsessed" with Axl as you say.

Hell, as much of a hardcore fan as I am, I have never even discussed Axl OR Guns with him other than making a comment about hating Sheryl Crow's SCOM cover.

He is a VERY cool, genuine, courteous man who has been nothing but kind to me in conversations we have had.

Now I'm sure this all will say to some that now I am kissing Del's ass, but I'm not. I just don't like to see people I like and respect being labeled unfairly.

smile

Paxcow

Paxcow wrote:
warriorpriestess wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

until you have met the guy face to face for yourself and gotten to know him, you just CANNOT make that kind of judgment. 2

I haven't bopped around here bragging about knowing Del (cause I don't believe in name dropping) and I certainly do not know him on a very close basis but I HAVE met him and he is not "obsessed" with Axl as you say.

Hell, as much of a hardcore fan as I am, I have never even discussed Axl OR Guns with him other than making a comment about hating Sheryl Crow's SCOM cover.

He is a VERY cool, genuine, courteous man who has been nothing but kind to me in conversations we have had.

Now I'm sure this all will say to some that now I am kissing Del's ass, but I'm not. I just don't like to see people I like and respect being labeled unfairly.

smile

fuck yeah dude! food fight!!!!!!!

warriorpriestess

Axlin08 wrote:

But that's not how he comes across. He comes across as an obsessed fanboy, that thinks Axl is his exclusive and ONLY friend. He's like the insecure wife, who marries your best friend, then suddenly steals your friend away from everyone that's always known him.

Is that really how he comes across, or is it just how he is perceived in the minds of yourself and others like you?

Do me a favor and go to his myspace page and read his blogs there and you will see he is FAR from what you say.

Not a mention of this "obsession" you speak of.

http://www.myspace.com/thelanguageoffear

moreover, he has a life with a woman he loves and two beautiful daughters. he writes, he goes to shows, he hangs out. his life does not revolve around what you say it does.

please stop speaking of what you do not know. I know we're all frustrated with waiting for the album, not getting news, etc. but can't it not degenerate into unfounded maliciousness?

and i have never read or heard anything where Del is "attacking" fans. but then again, these days it really seems some of the fans seem pretty prone to throwing the first blows...???

Board footer