You are not logged in. Please register or login.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

Re: Information on Shackler's Revenge

WARose wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Interesting to see Robin get a writing credit. I don't hear him on the track at all. But of course that doesn't mean he isn't there. No writing credit to Stinson or Thal though - considering most of us agreed Ron played a solo, you would think that usually counts as writing on the track.

i think he plays throughout the entire song. like the melody behind the rythm guitar...

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Goes to show you we really don't know shit about the songs til the credits are revealed.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I don't really find these credits unusual. I think it's just the cult of personality people who want to believe Axl is the sole force behind everything in GNR.

I mean he (usually) writes the lyrics, the melodies, and the keys, and maybe the odd other part, but its clear both from the credits of the old songs, and a more basic aural analysis of them (eg Guitar styles etc) that Izzy, Slash and Duff wrote a ton of the material. Then theres the people like West Arkeen who wern't in the band but contributed material.

Obviously these days Axl has final say about everythin GNR, who is in the band, what is on the album, how things are done, but that doesn't mean he writes all of these songsm, or works on them alone, his style has always been to bounce off and improve other musicians works as well as his own.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i wonder if this song will be available on itunes....? anyone know?

Sky Dog wrote:

BLS-PRIDE, absofuckinlutely.....we have no idea who does what. Crazy Gnr fans guess and then everyone else buys in to one person's made up fantasy world. ......too funny......like, for example, is it confirmed that Ron plays the solo on this track? Sounds like Bucket to me....or just because Ron is on it, we assume he is doing the solo.....we have no clue. And, I still bet, when the album comes out, we still have no clue as it will be performed by "Guns N' Roses" with generic tracklistings of lead guitar, rhythm guitar, trombone, etc....the best we are going to get is specific writing credits.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

Wow, they needed so many people to write a below mediocre song.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Wow, they needed so many people to write a below mediocre song.

Buzzkill!  I love the song!  I went like a week or so without listening to it, but I've been cranking it in the car the last couple days.  Oh how I missed it.  It's good to be back.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Bucket's songwriting credit on the new Science Faxtion goes to Brian Carroll also. Is that new I wonder?

Thanks.

It definently is very interesting. 

I thought it was just something different when Brian Carroll was mentioned in the Science Faxion one, but now this makes me wonder. 

Not surprising how people are mentioned that we haven't heard of working with GNR.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Communist China wrote:

Interesting to see Robin get a writing credit. I don't hear him on the track at all. But of course that doesn't mean he isn't there. No writing credit to Stinson or Thal though - considering most of us agreed Ron played a solo, you would think that usually counts as writing on the track.

I could see the first little piece of the solo being done by him, but that's all i hear that could be him on this song.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
madagas wrote:

Sic, notice Kobalt Music Publishing......Did they purchase Axl's publishing rights from Sanctuary? Remember Axl getting $19 million a few years ago and part of the deal was his publishing rights for future releases I believe......

"[Axl] notified ASCAP on or around May 26 that he was switching over the publishing from Guns N' Roses to Black Frog Music Publishing (which he owns) and Kobalt Songs Music Publishing (which is a joint venture with and handles the administration of Sanctuary's publishing)." (MTV, 08/23/05)

Board footer