You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Information on Shackler's Revenge

Sky Dog wrote:

that's my boy.....

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

If Axl backs out of releasing it as a single i think the record company will force him to release it ala OMG.

Btw can they legally do that since everything he's done since what 2000 had to come out of his own pocket?

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

someone posted before, I forget who, what I thought was a valid reason for the possibility of not releasing "Shackler's" as a single.  First off Rock Band has exclusivity to the song, secondly if the Best Buy rumors are true they have exclusivity over the album.  I don't know how the process works exactly, but I would think Rock Band or Best Buy would have the exlusive rights over iTunes for example.  I don't know if Rock Band releases singles from the game, that could be a possibility.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If that were the case, they'd find a way faldor.

Best Buy, like every other retailer, is gonna market Rock Band 2 MASSIVELY this holiday season, and if they can tie it and CD together, they'll do so.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

If that were the case, they'd find a way faldor.

Best Buy, like every other retailer, is gonna market Rock Band 2 MASSIVELY this holiday season, and if they can tie it and CD together, they'll do so.

Oh I agree, hopefully.  I'm just referring to people screaming about why they don't release it on iTunes.  There may be a reason other than, they're not confident in the song or they want to test the waters first.

strat0

strat0 wrote:

That is true...the only way we would get a single is if Best Buy consesnts. And as to Rock Band I'm pretty sure it was just a release exclusive. As in they are the first to release the song. That doesn't mean exclusive rights to the song itself.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Well i'm just saying if there's a deal involved, Best Buy are not gonna march to the tune of one W. Axl Rose.

If they think they can make money, they'll run the GN'R name and the CD title out there as much as is absolutely necessary to make the upmost money possible 'til you're ready to puke.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

strat0

strat0 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

GNR could go the "Prince route" and put CD in with Best Buy ads for free.

Or at least a single, or EP

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer