You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Information on Shackler's Revenge

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yep. But Axl had no faith in his own material.

if he didn't have faith in his material i don't think he would have spent so long and worked so hard on it when it would be so easy to give up and do a reunion.

Not if the others weren't interested in a reunion. 

I think it's pretty clear he has no confidence in the material and releasing SR the way they did just further leads me to believe he's looking for acceptance of the music before releasing it.  If people hate it, it's a BH song...if they love it, prepare for CD.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Which could give creedence to the idea that Azoff is buying positivity around the internet, possibly behind Axl.

If Azoff knows that any negativity will convince him to shelve material, and delay the album more, Azoff could be trying to create a train of positivity as a way to convince him to sign off on the album(s) release.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I could see that as at least a possiblity.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Yep. But Axl had no faith in his own material.

if he didn't have faith in his material i don't think he would have spent so long and worked so hard on it when it would be so easy to give up and do a reunion.

Not if the others weren't interested in a reunion. 

I think it's pretty clear he has no confidence in the material and releasing SR the way they did just further leads me to believe he's looking for acceptance of the music before releasing it.  If people hate it, it's a BH song...if they love it, prepare for CD.

you want to make this difficult i see. fine. forget the reunion. my point stays the same. axl could sit back and do nothing if he had no faith in his music, as opposed to continuing to spend money and time on these songs and touring and playing new and unreleased songs during the tours.....how's that?

sr was meant only for the game - i am convinced of that now. it may be on the album but they will release a better song as the first single to introduce the album.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Axl could sit back and do nothing and nobody would care.  What do you want people to say?  He's not working on this stuff (if he even is) for our benefit.  He's doing it for his.  How you want to interpret that is up to you...I see it as needing acceptance.  I see it as not believing enough in the material to just release HIS version of the songs. 

There's always been a scapegoat...SR being a BH song is no different.  If Better (which was said to be a Robin song about the time the Harley ad was coming out) was to be the single, there was another scapegoat.  Do you not notice a trend going back to say...OMG?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

actually, i see a trend going back to the USE YOUR ILLUSION albums. the difference is he is sorrounded by employees rather than equal band members, who were able to get through to him. axl has always been insecure and has always lacked the concept of time. it's not the faith in his music that is missing but the faith in himself. i don't think the wait has always been about the music being ready but him being ready to deal with what goes along with releasing the music, like all of the attention being drawn onto him.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

So you believe that his issues are not at all with the material and only with himself?  I just want to make sure I understand your point properly.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I don't think SR will even be on the album.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
strat0 wrote:

I don't think SR will even be on the album.

From the official site:

Get ready for "Shackler's Revenge," a track from Chinese Democracy that will appear on the video game Rock Band 2.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think EVERY track we've heard over the years, will show up on SOME release of CD. Whether it's album one or album fifteen.

I even think a new Oh My God will show up. I don't think anything has been shelved indefinitely, and the biggest reason is because we don't know ANYTHING about CD's recording process, what will be on the album, the next, or what the plan is to be.

I didn't use to think that, until I heard SR. When I heard that, I started to think that a new/finished-OMG and a studio release of Silkworms might not be dead yet. SR & Riyadh could be their brothers.

Board footer