You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: The silence on the eve of RB2 is deafening!

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

take a 100% wild fucking guess at what the public wants. JUST PLAIN STUPID.

Thats a really good point. They are releasing this in a format that does not allow proper feedback, or to even truly gauge reaction. Like Bri said, millions of people are about to listen to this track whether they want to or not. They have to listen to it to pass that specific level. Majority of those people are doing it JUST to pass the level. Bill Cosby could fart for 10 seconds and it makes it on Rock Band, and that same amount of people will have to endure listening to it to get the desired result...beating the game.

They are not allowing a proper channel to develop on getting feedback. Hell, half the people who will hear it are not even in their demographic.

If this song is not worthy of an actual single release to them or they're too afraid to go up against Metallica, Rihanna, MIA,etc. on Itunes, it should be up on the official site streaming for fans.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

It seems wierd to me in a GNR sense and a Rockband sense to not have it out before the game is released. 

Is it just me, or wouldn't Rock Band want the song out there first?  Then they can say, "Listen to it and Learn in, because it's gonna be hard to do on the game". 

Something like that gets the GNR name out there to the hard core gamers, and it gets the Rock Band name out there to the non-gamers.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

shouldnt be up to rockband 2 to promote gnr

James

James wrote:

Quick question:

Not every single GNR fan is a forum junkie or a gamer. How do those people not only find out there's a new song, but how do they listen to it?

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You're absolutely right, but if you're putting new "product" on the game, I think they should both look at it as cross promotion.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i totally agree...from interviews and stuff before it seemed that rockband was asked to keep it quiet before the game release....so obviously it was in gnr's hand to do something

regardless the game is out now so there is no turning back....this week may be interesting big_smile

James

James wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Neemo wrote:

You're absolutely right, but if you're putting new "product" on the game, I think they should both look at it as cross promotion.

No need for cross promotion. Like GTA and other game franchises, its guaranteed to sell millions of copies even if Trixter's discography is all over the game. Having a new track is just an extra spoonful of frosting on an already sweet cake.

If GNR/Azoff were expecting Rock Band 2 to propel this thing with no effort from them, we've entered a new and uncharted territory of clusterfuck.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

its only sunday...not usually a day of releasing products

i'm just gonna wait patiently to see how the week unfolds 19

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

me too

if shackler is the first single it should be on the radio tomorrow and for sale by download no later than the end of the week

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

it should be on the radio tomorrow and for sale by download no later than the end of the week

well i'd expect an anouncement of somekind this week on gnr.com...thats about it 16

anythign else is a bonus at this point 14

Board footer