You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: The silence on the eve of RB2 is deafening!

Were we expecting something specific to happen today or this weekend? I'm disappointed by the silence too, but it seems like you guys had something in mind and it didn't come thru. If, as Bright Eyes suggests, GNR is in some sort of a deal where they don't release the song until a week or two after game release, they should at least let us know. Of course keeping fans in the loop isn't really their speciality.

As an optimist, I give the band until the end of September to start doing stuff, promotion wise, for the album, or else I don't see it happening.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I think they know what they are doing--the version on the game is phenomenal--the drums rule--the link below is getting overwhelmed and locking up.  Also, something is up, and most likely they are following a contractual agreement with Rock Band--not releasing it (as it is an exclusive) for a week or two.  They are going to have to get this out, or are waiting for the fans to get the real version out.  The press is holding off, and they are usually on top of these stories, something is holding them back.  Patience.

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1425 … qswyhwsc9w

Yeah, call me naive, but I too think there's a reason for the silence and inactivity.  It was a coup for Rock Band to get a new GNR song on the game, it's possible they agreed to give them exclusivity to the song for awhile.  Not that people are gonna buy the game just for the song, but it's something to help promote the game.  Like Axl being on Angel Down, Sebastian kept pushing the fact that the world has been waiting to hear Axl Rose and he's on "my record".  Rock Band can say the same thing.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
war wrote:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/1425 … 91208.html

check this one out

1:30

"they're not even releasing the single"

I'm sure there's people who would know more than me who that guy is, or why he might know such things.  But if that's true.....   just....  Wow.?!?.

(and just for the record, last night I was at a party and I played the leaks.  Three different people asked me for copies.  So interest is out there)

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

war wrote:

check this one out

Exactly, it's an exclusive for RB2--for now.  Like I have said the past four days, GNR knows someone will rip this awesome version from the game, and distribute it.  As Azoff has said, they have no problem with that "once it's in the pipeline" which this is, as it's now officially released via the game.  The record company is going to get free distribution of this song--think of that, no overhead, and once a good rip is out, this thing will spread like wildfire.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Communist China wrote:

As an optimist, I give the band until the end of September to start doing stuff, promotion wise, for the album, or else I don't see it happening.

I'm still willing to give this until late October before writing off 2008, but if they stay in silent mode during the Rock Band 2 craze, then the fanbase needs to come to terms with the distinct possibility it wont be released. You just don't pass up such opportunities if you have serious plans to release an album.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
war wrote:

check this one out

Exactly, it's an exclusive for RB2--for now.  Like I have said the past four days, GNR knows someone will rip this awesome version from the game, and distribute it.  As Azoff has said, they have no problem with that "once it's in the pipeline" which this is, as it's now officially released via the game.  The record company is going to get free distribution of this song--think of that, no overhead, and once a good rip is out, this thing will spread like wildfire.

They could also put it on itunes for no overhead, and I would give them a dollar for it.  And I'm not buying the game, so there's an extra dollar.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
war wrote:

check this one out

They could also put it on itunes for no overhead, and I would give them a dollar for it.  And I'm not buying the game, so there's an extra dollar.

If they put it on iTunes, that completely blows the exclusivity factor out of the water.  That's the point here.  Maybe that's why it's not being released at the moment.  Let Rock Band have their time in the sun before releasing it in another manner.

jorge76

jorge76 wrote:
faldor wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

If they put it on iTunes, that completely blows the exclusivity factor out of the water.  That's the point here.  Maybe that's why it's not being released at the moment.  Let Rock Band have their time in the sun before releasing it in another manner.

Yeah, I get that.  More what I meant was, I don't think the record company wants "a good rip" out there.  I'd (and I would think the record company/band would) rather have a good quality version released by the band than just have more rips off the game/fan edits/remixes/etc.  I like being able to listen to the songs, but I'd love to be able to listen to it how Axl has been imagining it for 15 years.  They just need to let me.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

mysteron said (correct me if i am wrong) gnr hopes that sr will be the first single AFTER the news of it being on the game came out. by then i gotta assume any exclusive rights to the song would have been figured out.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Just hold tight, something is about to happen.

Board footer