You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: The silence on the eve of RB2 is deafening!

war wrote:

bright eyes what are you talking about?

maybe it's not exclusive and they simply decided to release a different and more classic gnr sounding single.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
random quote from 2002 wrote:

Just hold tight, something is about to happen.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

I have no clue, but something is up.  The press being quiet on all fronts, right now, speaks volumes.  I could be wrong, but my bet is they know something else newsworthy is about to hit.

war

war wrote:

who said that in '02?
was he making a joke or is he claiming to know something?

war

war wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

I have no clue, but something is up.  The press being quiet on all fronts, right now, speaks volumes.  I could be wrong, but my bet is they know something else newsworthy is about to hit.

there have been a handful reviews of the song on the game and there have been tons of articles in '08 about the album. am i wrong by disagreeing that the press is not abnormally quiet?

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

You see, I would say the press is quiet because normally when they're reviewing things it's because they had copies of it sent to them so they can review it.  Even if they're reviewing the game, any GNR stuff is just going to be an afterthought in the overall review. 

Hope you're right though.

Bright Eyes 2005

They are quiet.  When Shackler's was announced, there were over 400 stories listed in Googlenews for it.  When Skwerl was busted, over 700.  There are four articles about it in google news now, when typically for GNR, something this significant, would garner 100 + stories.  Let's see what happens this week--I think the major news sources, which the secondary stories virtually clone, have been tipped off to a press release or a significant nugget of news.  Azoff knows how to play this game.  Part of the game, the most important part of the game right now is LOWERING EXPECTATIONS.  Another part, is working with the press corp who covers music.  I think he is working both angles right now--and silence is a part of the strategy.  I still think, when this is going to happen, they want this to come in the form of a quick shock and awe.

FYI, get ready for a run on your stocks and at banks tomorrow--this is looking like 1920 again.  Thanks for the deregulation Bush!

war

war wrote:

four articles about what, though? everything has been said/covered.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bright Eyes, I think you're really reaching with that theory.

Bright Eyes 2005

not really.  Google news, search for Guns N' Roses.  Look the articles roll up into a tree, for the leak story, and early SR stories.  Today, three loan articles.  Something is up.  Once AP, Billboard, Reuters, and NY Times get a story, then we will see this spread.  Trust me, they are well aware of this song releasing on RB2 today, as RB2 is the big news in the industry as a whole right now.  Just wait, there will be official news this week or next.

Board footer