You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: "What Are You Listening To" Thread

James wrote:

Prince- Money don't matter tonight

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

"Don't Stop Believin'" Journey

Good song!!

As for me, U2 Achtung Baby. I always wanted to buy this album, but never did. Finally I asked for it at work in a pollyanna & got it. This thing is timeless, most of the songs could be released today & they wouldn't sound dated. This was U2's Sgt Pepper album.

James

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

As for me, U2 Achtung Baby. I always wanted to buy this album, but never did. Finally I asked for it at work in a pollyanna & got it. This thing is timeless, most of the songs could be released today & they wouldn't sound dated. This was U2's Sgt Pepper album.

Its probably the most relevant album of the 90's. Its not my fave 90's album, but it was such a bold move, and they did that when they could have played it safe(Aerosmith) while the grunge movement happened. They pretty much reinvented themselves, and did it to seamlessly. It didn't sound fake, manufactured,etc. It was the real deal. Love it or hate it.

Some GNR fans over the years mention how the only way new GNR can make their mark on the musical landscape and secure somewhat of a legacy is if CD is GNR's Achtung Baby. I agree, but I don't think CD is going to come close to that album's impact.

Regardless of the material, the time it took to finish this album is going to effect its legacy tremendously.

Acekicken
 Rep: 12 

Acekicken wrote:

Shadow of your love ,Hollwood Rose

James

James wrote:

Kiss- God of Thunder

Sky Dog wrote:

Wabash Cannonball-Roy Acuff:smile:

nugdafied wrote:

Yonder Mountain String Band bootlegs

James

James wrote:

Black Sabbath- Hand of Doom

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Trivium-  The Rising

If you've not heard it just know, pretty much any Metallica fan should like it.

F*ck Fear
 Rep: 4 

F*ck Fear wrote:

Half Your Age - Kid Rock

Board footer