You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Re: Shacklers Revenge on the radio

1-877-977-4977  Toll Free!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Bright Eyes, I disagree with your observation. The same crowd that loved Appetite also loved ballads like November Rain and Don't Cry from the Illusion albums. The difference now is that the sound itself is entirely different from the GN'R everyone remembers. No Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. There's a lot of industrial sounds in the newer GN'R stuff, so it's not surprising that there's a mixed reaction to everything that's been released or leaked so far. Nine Inch Nails isn't exactly universally popular for instance.

You just proved my point--it's different all the way around, that is what scares many away.  Different players, sound, etc. 

SHACKLERS ON RADIO Right now--call in or e-mail!

ddaniels@radio.astral.com

Office: (905) 688-0977
Fax: (905) 684-4800
Contest Line: (905) 688-9797
Toll Free Contest Line: 1-877-977-4977

http://www.htzfm.com/node/509822

Stream here:

www.htzfm.com

The stereotype you used wasn't very accurate though. I mean, the types that you described never would listen to Don't Cry, November Rain, or Estranged and that was CLASSIC GN'R at its best. I get the sense that MOST people in the casual GN'R fanbase did listen to those songs. But the types you described would stick to Appetite. Sweet Child is as far as they would be willing to go.

I can't really see "Shackler's" being played on the radio at all.  The classic rock stations won't touch it.  And alternative rock won't play it because it's Guns n Roses.  I don't think that will hurt album sales though.   The single is pretty much dead unless you are Kate Perry or one of those other one hit wonders.  I think Chinese Democracy will sell well no matter what the lead off single is. 

Even though "SR" is a great song.  It doesn't have the widespread appeal like GnR's other hits.  I remember when "You Could Be Mine" came out in 91.  The radio was all over that song.  Because it was heavy yet commercial.  "Shackler's" is more of an acquired taste.  It's definitely not mainstream.  But I still think that even after all this time is a CD is finally released that says "Guns n Roses: Chinese Democracy" it will fly out of the stores.  Just because the media's going to jump all over it and hype the shit out of the release.  Of course I don't know if Axl's ever going to pull the trigger and actually release the damn album.  If the media ever issues a ban on reporting "Chinese Democracy album news" he's screwed.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
gnrfan1987-present wrote:

I can't really see "Shackler's" being played on the radio at all.

Well, one station is playing it already, at least.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

The record industry is in shambles. Chinese Democracy will be the most illegally downloaded album of this decade by far. Its sales will be good by today's standards, which is NOT saying much.

bigbri wrote:
gnrfan1987-present wrote:

I can't really see "Shackler's" being played on the radio at all.

Well, one station is playing it already, at least.

I should have said I don't see it becoming a "radio staple" like Guns n Roses Greatest Hits which are still played constantly on FM rock stations.  I remember "Oh My God" was played a lot when it first came out and then it vanished into obscurity. 

What kind of feedback has the station been getting?  (Are they doing a Pump it or dump it type thing?)

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

They want to hear from you right now-The toll free # goes to the DJ!

Stream here:

www.htzfm.com

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

They want to hear from you right now-The toll free # goes to the DJ!

Stream here:

www.htzfm.com

I'm listening on their website and it's not Shackler's. It's Lenny Kravitz, "Mama Said."

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Also, it's not listed on their web site as a "recently played" song.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

I'm listening on their website and it's not Shackler's. It's Lenny Kravitz, "Mama Said."

you probably just missed it, for now.

i highly doubt gnr had anything to do with this but it's possible

Board footer