You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Shacklers Revenge on the radio

Neemo wrote:

right now @ www.htzfm.com

they will prolly air comments from fans afterwards

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

Did they say if its an official thing?  Or are they meeting demands?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

all they said was that its been released on rock band 2

no comments afterwards this past time...but earlier in the day they played it as well...around 4:30ish and after one dude called and didnt like it another called and said the guitars were cool but thought the vocals were weird

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

wish my local radio station would play it...

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

BTW, which version did they play on the radio?

New GNR exposes a cultural divide I feel.  Those mullet-headed conservatives, secretly liking the music or not, will go to their death bed claiming they hate it, because it ain't yesteryears "apple-pie on the 4th of July with a Camarro" GNR.  In other words, they will hate it, even though much of it is brilliant.  Those typically more culturally exposed to new tastes, constantly exploring and probing the world for new art, ideas, etc. understand, appreciate it, and allow themselves to love the new sound for what it is--brilliance!

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

wow bright eyes nice objective view on things

Bright Eyes 2005

FlashFlood wrote:

wow bright eyes nice objective view on things

Don't take it too seriously, but I think there is something to it.

Hey, they are about to play Shackler's again--and they want your feedback (she said e-mails and calls):

ddaniels@radio.astral.com

Office: (905) 688-0977
Fax: (905) 684-4800
Contest Line: (905) 688-9797
Toll Free Contest Line: 1-877-977-4977

http://www.htzfm.com/node/509822

Stream here:

www.htzfm.com

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Bright Eyes 2005 wrote:

it ain't yesteryears "apple-pie on the 4th of July with a Camarro" GNR.!

That made me want apple pie.

I'm not joking at all.

On topic though, I think your point is absolutely right about divide.  I don't know that I'd call it "cultural"(although I think you might have been partially joking to help make your point). 

Either way, the divide you mentioned is very real, and is going to be one of the biggest things they're gonna have to overcome.  A good friend of mine is hugely against any of the new stuff simply because GNR was "sacred to him", and Axl taking it over from how it was isn't right.  Like you said, he could care less about what might actually be in the music, it's simply the idea of it that he hates, and can't get past.

Shackler's got played on the radio here right after it leaked, a local radio personality that I know got ahold of it from "somewhere".  He got a cease and desist afterwards though.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Bright Eyes, I disagree with your observation. The same crowd that loved Appetite also loved ballads like November Rain and Don't Cry from the Illusion albums. The difference now is that the sound itself is entirely different from the GN'R everyone remembers. No Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. There's a lot of industrial sounds in the newer GN'R stuff, so it's not surprising that there's a mixed reaction to everything that's been released or leaked so far. Nine Inch Nails isn't exactly universally popular for instance.

Bright Eyes 2005

tejastech08 wrote:

Bright Eyes, I disagree with your observation. The same crowd that loved Appetite also loved ballads like November Rain and Don't Cry from the Illusion albums. The difference now is that the sound itself is entirely different from the GN'R everyone remembers. No Slash, no Izzy, no Duff. There's a lot of industrial sounds in the newer GN'R stuff, so it's not surprising that there's a mixed reaction to everything that's been released or leaked so far. Nine Inch Nails isn't exactly universally popular for instance.

You just proved my point--it's different all the way around, that is what scares many away.  Different players, sound, etc. 

SHACKLERS ON RADIO Right now--call in or e-mail!

ddaniels@radio.astral.com

Office: (905) 688-0977
Fax: (905) 684-4800
Contest Line: (905) 688-9797
Toll Free Contest Line: 1-877-977-4977

http://www.htzfm.com/node/509822

Stream here:

www.htzfm.com

Board footer