You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: FBI Arrest of GnR Blogger Backfires

Axlin16 wrote:

Strat's right. Other than a few scattered diehards, that might have radio shows and want to play some tracks in a segment, no one really cares. Or no one really knew about it, is a better statement.

Plus, I understand the argument of "any publicity is better than no publicity", but that applies to everything BUT this. Anytime an argument against fans manifests itself, it's always a BAD thing.

Kevil Cogill doesn't need to be happy this didn't get more attention, or he'd be in more trouble.... GN'R need to be happy this didn't get more attention, or THEY would be in trouble.

Don't believe me? Ask Lars Ulrich, who has admitted on several occasions that Metallica were wrong, and it was a bad move to make. Good move in the short term, bad move in the long term. There are people out there that PURPOSELY will download Death Magnetic ILLEGALLY just because of that Napster incident, out of spite.

I don't want that to be the case with Chinese Democracy.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

neither do I Axlin08. Even though I have downloaded the leaks and Death Magnetic, I still bought the disc as i will when Axl releases CD. In fact I'm buying 2 copies of CD. One for me and one for a friend.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

Metallica and Universal up to their old tricks again:

http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/09/uni … cance.html

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Fine Universal, let it be totally unacceptable.

Enjoy your company going bankrupt you fucking morons.

This is 2008. EVERYONE illegally downloads SOMETHING, including Metallica and Axl Rose. Guaranteed.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

LOL. The way they're making it sound it seems like they wouldn't be as mad if it was the full unedited version of the album.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Strat's right. no one really knew about it, is a better statement.

i guess everyone's experience will vary. mine is quite different. not including other shared gnr news conversations at the college i work at, i had atleast three non gnr/rock fans come up to me since this story and ask if i had heard about the guy getting arrested for leaking gunsnroses songs.

Axlin08 wrote:

Plus, I understand the argument of "any publicity is better than no publicity", but that applies to everything BUT this.

not true. axl is already a villian in the majority of the public's eye. a villian that intrigues people the same way it offends.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Strat's right. no one really knew about it, is a better statement.

i guess everyone's experience will vary. mine is quite different. not including other shared gnr news conversations at the college i work at, i had atleast three non gnr/rock fans come up to me since this story and ask if i had heard about the guy getting arrested for leaking gunsnroses songs.

Axlin08 wrote:

Plus, I understand the argument of "any publicity is better than no publicity", but that applies to everything BUT this.

not true. axl is already a villian in the majority of the public's eye. a villian that intrigues people the same way it offends.

If this would've been picked up by the media more he would've crossed the line of being a villain.  Personally at first I kinda felt pity for ths Skwerl guy and I even said I would not buy the album.  Since then I have changed my perception a bit.  I still think it was not a great move if Axl was behind this but I have no pity for the leaker.  But I have no pity for Axl neither.  I can only speak for myself but had he announced a release date or released the album I would not have downloaded the leaks.  One thing's for sure Axl hasn't picked a good battle here if he is behind the arrest.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

whether he was behind it or not no longer matters. It's definitely time for axl  to make a move of some sort whether it be press related or not. Any news that involved axl coming out of his shell would not go unnoticed by any non gnr board modern music listeners who's attention was grabbed by this alledged bad press about the arrest and be forgotten about when they have something new to ingest.

Sky Dog wrote:

this whole thread is just ridiculous...seriously. Nothing backfired on anybody. Nobody gives a flying fuck about Gnr leaks or this Skwerl guy. But, hey, you can listen to a new Gnr song in a video game that costs $80.......wow, what a deal. Almost as good as having to buy one song for $15 on a shitty soundtrack. Azoff is a genius....Axl is a genius. Brutal, and just thumbing through the main topics on the Gnr board makes me ill.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I have never thought ONCE that Axl was behind this arrest.

I think he KNOWS OF IT, and probably knows more of the logistics going on than we do. But behind it? No.

It's - UNIVERSAL.

This CD demo leaking shit has been going on for YEARS, and now all of the sudden the hammer is being brought down on someone. The label only gets involved when they feel a necessary need to enforce protecting their investment.

This only happens with one thing.... an imminent album release.

We'll see.

Board footer