You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Guns N Roses on Universal Music Group Release List

buzzsaw wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I do find it somewhat humorous that we're debating a reunion lineup at this point.

Only somewhat humorous? 16

Yes, only somewhat.  Part of me thinks it's pretty sad.

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

GNR is the most entertaining soap opera in rock history!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

too funny......a whole thread of nonsense.

LMFAO, as if there's anything else in the GN'R world OTHER than nonsense? 16

Sky Dog wrote:

Buzz, get over it, Tommy is a better songwriter, artist, and rocker than Duff. No big deal, neither one of them are rock stars by your definition. Just accept the fact that Tommy, in the end, has been involved with more quality albums and songs than Duff has-record sales don't mean shit. Better solo albums, a better first band that he and his brother started...yes, that is right, The Replacements have more top quality songs than Gnr and are way more critically acclaimed and actually, way more influential. You can piss all you want....but it's true. Gnr had one classic album, The Replacements had three.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

GN'R had three and an EP. The Replacements had zero. It's all opinions, man. True, record sales may not mean shit, but we're on a Guns board. You're gonna be hard pressed to find other Gunners who'll side with the former band of a nuGN'R member over the merits of Duff. That's a fact you'll just have to accept. Duff could rest on the laurels of AFD alone and blow the Replacements entire discography into irrelevance. Again, my opinion. I appreciate that you and others are a fan of Mr. Stinson's, but he is neither as culturally or musically significant as Duff or a "rock star." He's a hired gun whose basslines are all but indecipherable amongst the wall of sound we've heard in the new leaked material.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
von wrote:

GN'R had three and an EP. The Replacements had zero. It's all opinions, man. True, record sales may not mean shit, but we're on a Guns board. You're gonna be hard pressed to find other Gunners who'll side with the former band of a nuGN'R member over the merits of Duff. That's a fact you'll just have to accept. Duff could rest on the laurels of AFD alone and blow the Replacements entire discography into irrelevance. Again, my opinion. I appreciate that you and others are a fan of Mr. Stinson's, but he is neither as culturally or musically significant as Duff or a "rock star." He's a hired gun whose basslines are all but indecipherable amongst the wall of sound we've heard in the new leaked material.

The opening to "It's So Easy" alone puts Duff above Tommy in my book, never mind all the other great GN'R songs. Duff's punk style really played a huge part in the fact that GN'R was not like the other L.A. bands. Yes, Axl sounded different. Yes, Slash and Izzy sounded different. But they also had that Sex Pistols punk vibe that didn't exist in the other L.A. bands. All of those elements combined to make GN'R a special band instead of just another L.A. hair metal band.

Sky Dog wrote:

and all of those styles still didn't make them a better band than The Replacemnts. Yeah, I said it. Duff can't hold Tommy's jock.

Sky Dog wrote:

the opening to Alex Chilton or I Hate Music or Tommy Get's His Tonsils Out.....yeah the Mats had 20 songs to match up with It's So Easy. After that, Duff was a bloated, fat, pasty, drunk......real cool.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

and all of those styles still didn't make them a better band than The Replacemnts. Yeah, I said it. Duff can't hold Tommy's jock.

You can say it all day long. Doesn't make it anything other than an opinion. Axl, Slash, and Izzy kick the shit out of anything in the Replacements. That's my opinion and I'll gladly stick with it all day long. I'll also stick with my opinion that Duff's contributions on AFD alone make him better in my book than Tommy.

Sky Dog wrote:

just another two ignorant guys who haven't even listened to the entire Replacements catalog....too funny. Fuck Gnr, fuck this board......fuck it.

Board footer