You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Anniversary for Use Your Illusion I & II

James wrote:

I'll never forget the anticipation for those records. It was Beatlemania for stoners.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah I couldn't believe the day was actually coming. I graduated high school that summer & was a lost freshman in college. It meant alot to me to get those cassettes. The albums were hit & miss with me though, some great songs, some pretty bad ones. Great time for music though, with UYI, Metallica Black album, Achtung Baby, RHCP Blood Sugar Sex Magic, Soundgarden hitting it big with Rusty Cage, and Nirvana, AIC & Pearl Jam slowly gaining momentum.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

GnR + anything = possible riot back then.  Maybe still today.

I remember watching the MTV coverage of the concert that I believe was at Alpine Valley in WI and thinking I should have been there.  I didn't miss them the next chance I got to see them and it was well worth the hours in line to get seats...I remember hitting golf balls at parked cars in the parking lot while we waited, only to get hit by a lottery when the time came for the tickets to go on sale.  Luckily we made a deal with 2 other guys and one of them drew the number 2, so we had awesome seats.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I remember watching the MTV coverage of the concert that I believe was at Alpine Valley in WI and thinking I should have been there.

It was, and it was awesome.  My first show ever.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I remember watching the MTV coverage of the concert that I believe was at Alpine Valley in WI and thinking I should have been there.

It was, and it was awesome.  My first show ever.

I've seen a lot of concerts there (KISS, Aerosmith twice, etc), but didn't go to this one for some reason.  Glad you got to enjoy it.

Board footer