You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Baz mentions Axl, possible Xmas shows (July '08)

monkeychow wrote:
misterID wrote:

The Baz hate needs to end, already. Shit.

I agree. Baz is a kickass performer, a good guy and great entertainer. As a public figure and friend of axl, he is one of the only sources of GNR info we get. Any anger about the lack of news would be more properly aimed at GNR managment and is misdirected at Baz.

Sky Dog wrote:

I don't blame him for anything.....he is just very obnoxious to me.

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

Baz has been pretty good on Gone Country.  They have shown snippets of five different songs and I've enjoyed his performances.  The finals are on Friday so it should be fun watching him.

Sky Dog wrote:

just as long as he doesn't butcher My Michelle ever again then he can do whatever he wants.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Baz is an alright guy, the problem is NONE OF HIS INFORMATION IS NEW. That's why people are turning on him like rabid dogs.

2 years ago, having Baz around was great. He was a faucet of GN'R news and info... problem is he's been saying the same stuff for two years and it's just old now. I like the guy, but it's time to either tell some new info (which Axl won't let him now) or just shut the fuck up about it.

Problem with THAT is... no one will give Baz an interview at all, unless he's spilling GN'R dirt. That's how unrelevant Sebastian Bach is to the world these days.

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

How dare u guys talk shit about Sebastian. The guy who got Axl on 3 brand new songs and someone who sticks up for him and really helps give him much needed publicity.  6 weeks ago everyone was goin on how Baz should be GNR's publcist and now u guys are dissing him? Thats fucked up.

Baz is crazy though if he thinks Jon Would take him out on another Bon Jovi tour after the way Baz burnt that bridge in Skid Row by basically dissing Jon from the stage at Giants Stadium

Now that was stupid.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Baz is an alright guy, the problem is NONE OF HIS INFORMATION IS NEW. That's why people are turning on him like rabid dogs.

But that's my point...it's shooting the messanger. It's like waiting for an important letter then beating the shit out of the mail man because he only gives you what's been mailed to you and not what you wanted. The postman is not to blame - it's the sender writing the letters. Baz doesn't give you new information because he either doesn't have any or he isn't allowed to yet (like we know how he was told not to spoil the Rockband 2 news). If you want to get pissed that there is no new GNR news...get pissed at the guy who controls the flow of info about the band....Axl.

Axlin08 wrote:

I like the guy, but it's time to either tell some new info (which Axl won't let him now) or just shut the fuck up about it.

Yeah he could shut up...but he is promoting Angel Down in these interviews...and given that Axl sings on 3 songs on the album - the first sign he is alive in studio terms for what? 10 years? It's natural that questions come up about Axl. IF Axl was prolific with records..then like it wouldn't be a big deal..but he was a huge star in the 80s/90s and now a recluse who spends millions recording in secret and doesn't share what he's done often...so of course people are interested that Baz knows him, has heard his recordings, and now encouraged him to release music publicly again in the form of his contributions to angel down.

Yes the info is repedative...but that's how doing media promo works as a musician. You do thousands of interviews in music mags...you are always asked the same questions, tell the same stories and give the same answers. And let's face it - baz's answers here are logical.

Axl has his faults. But when fans wonder why the band appears to get hostile to fans I see this kind of thing as a reason. It's a catch 22. The less info we get - the more pissy the fan base becomes - but the more pissy we become the less keen to update us the band and associated parties become. Imagine you are as sensitive as axl by all media accounts (i don't know the guy afterall) he takes this kind of shit personally. And when baz figures out people are starting to bag him for talking about GNR he'll likey shut up too and we won't hear any news for another 4 years.

As for the 'deep' discussions thing. I think he just ment it was a serious plan. You know like i might say to a mate "we should throw a party for halloween" - and then not say anything else. Or we might discuss where to have the party, what to bring and eat, who will come, other features of it. So I mean Axk could have said "sometime we should hit the road again" and it could be a causal light thing...or a deep discussion would be a more serious talk about timeframes for doing it, where the tour would go, other support acts  and so on.

When i saw baz in 2006 he said it was "possible" he'd be back in 2007 with GNR. And guess what. Fucking happened.

So if everyone would stop bagging him out...i'd say that the Baz just gave us some good news. The general vibe at the moment is that the band is going into silent era mode - with Robin in confusion, richard busy and rumours about Tommy. However we can contrast that with the SR release - which for GNR these days is a big deal - putting out new music in any offical form - the rumours of rhe best buy deal - and now baz saying that there are early stages of tour talks.

Sounds to me like baz is letting us know the machine is slowly ramping up for something to happen. Which is good news for fans. So cut the guy a break!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

to tell you the truth i feel bad for Slash and Duff and Baz and Del James and whoever else...they agree to an interview and its a bunch of fucking questions about Axl

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Great, well thought out post monk.

Board footer