You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

Jameslofton wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

I have a hard time taking anything in this book seriously http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

Why? While I have not read it yet, from the parts I have read none of it sounded far fetched.

because the guy claims he can't remember 3/4 of his time in GnR.    and he almost never keeps a consistant story.    tea.gif

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I have a hard time taking anything in this book seriously http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

Why? There is no reason not too.The book is a great read. It's his side of the story. He treats Axl fairly in this book and states more than once that its his side of the story and Axl has his side to it. Do you really find it hard to believe that Axl didn't want to go up on stage?

sure, maybe Axl didn't want to go up on stage.   But I'm not comfortable trusting the words of someone who has had nothing to do with Axl for the last 11 years and has constantly changed his tune on everything.    All I'm saying is this book isn't the 'GnR bible' I see some making it out to be.   Its one guys side and that guy has a history of lying.

Robman
 Rep: 5 

Robman wrote:

Axl cancelled in philly because he was watching a basketball game on TV, most likely the 76ers vs. Spurs. The sixers only lost by 5, Axl must have been entralled. The game must have ended around 11:30 or so.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

What are you doing in this thread then ?  mad

bba

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

if we were in the VR section, you might have a point.  Slash hasn't been in GnR for 11 years.   I don't take his word for anything as far as GnR goes.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

bringbackadler wrote:

bba

if we were in the VR section, you might have a point.  Slash hasn't been in GnR for 11 years.   I don't take his word for anything as far as GnR goes.

His book talks about his time in the band. Not what's going on in the band today. 

Do you only believe what Axl has to say about pre 96' ?  mad

bba

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Jimmy,

I think it's fair to say you'd be one of the forum members who have more extreme loyalties to Axl than many others here. To discount Slash's opinions/writings/musings on GNR is just plain wrong. Axl's inability to supersede Slash's presence and sonic legacy in GNR enforces that. It's a long time since 1996 and yet the 2007 GNR shows still open with '˜Welcome to the Jungle' and finish with '˜Paradise City', that really says it all right there, Slash remains relevant because NOTHING real has been done by Axl to wipe him away. I feel sorry for the band for having to remain in his shadow but that is not Slash's fault.

The fact remains is that the guy was there, he wasn't off his head for every single day of his time in GNR. He has memories, he was a member and deserves to be acknowledged for that. It's the one thing that really depresses me about some fans is that they just pretend the people that drove the band to the stratosphere simply do not matter anymore. 

It's a book, nobody called it the '˜GNR bible' as you termed it. Slash has always maintained it's his take on things and nothing more. You taint Slash's intentions with darker motives simply because you are trying to vilify him and save your idol.

Axl is where Axl is today because he wanted '˜the power rewards of my vision'. Us fans may be pissed with the fiasco that is nu-GNR but the fact is that he might be quite happy with the status quo. He has all the reigns and that seems to suit him regardless of the disintegrating legacy.

The fact remains well documented that Axl had problems getting up on stage:
Off the top of my head:
    St. Louis,
    Dallas (they caught him at the airport)
    Mannheim, Germany in 1991 (I was there Axl threw his mic over his head and walked off and took an hour to get back on)
    Vancouver and Philly in 2000

It's well documented so where are these '˜lies' you attest exist?

Both men have had selective opinions about the demise of the old GNR.
If I asked you to write about the break up of your first serious relationship do you think you would be unbiased?
I think Izzy is the key to all of this; he has had damning things to say about both men in his time and visa versa but is friends now with both of them. Both men could learn a lot from him.
I think Slash has mellowed and has let it go.
I don't think Axl ever will.

At the end of the day two good guys like Izzy and Duff left the band because of issues mainly with Axl and secondly with drugs and alcohol in the band. That to me would indicate that that's where the truth of the GNR matter lies.

Please try to be a little less dismissive. Slash played those songs that brought you here in the first place.
Peace,
Intercourse.

Intercourse wrote:

Please try to be a little less dismissive. Slash played those songs that brought you here in the first place.
Peace,
Intercourse.

please dont' tell me to do shit.  All I said was I'm not that interested in what Slash has to say.   Do you see me posting in the VR section here?   No.  I am here for Guns, and only that.   I don't give a fuck about Slash or VR.   Sue me.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer