You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jac185
 Rep: 3 

Re: Interesting read on Axl, touring, albums in Slash's biography

jac185 wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:
Jameslofton wrote:

I have a hard time taking anything in this book seriously http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

Why? While I have not read it yet, from the parts I have read none of it sounded far fetched.

because the guy claims he can't remember 3/4 of his time in GnR.    and he almost never keeps a consistant story.    http://www.misterspunky.com/faces/tea.gif

Actually, so you know, Slash was such a fucktard back then that people used to have to write out his timetable for him so he knew exactly what he was doing day by day. So alot of the structure of the book came from these diaries people had written for him. I'm sure with a little prompting it wasn't that hard to remember a few extra details aswell.

If its made up, i dont see to what gain, he is very fair towards Axl/Steven/GNR and even Scott Weiland, and very harsh upon himself at times aswell.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Please try to be a little less dismissive. Slash played those songs that brought you here in the first place.
Peace,
Intercourse.

please dont' tell me to do shit.  All I said was I'm not that interested in what Slash has to say.   Do you see me posting in the VR section here?   No.  I am here for Guns, and only that.   I don't give a fuck about Slash or VR.   Sue me.

HTGTH would suit you better, I thought the more balanced fans came here..

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Slash only said he forgot 3/4's of his time in Gnr for publicity & to make it sound like he was so f***ed up all the time. If you take that statement literally your as crazy as Axl. Besides, he can still write a book about the other 1/4 he remembers. So what's there not to believe??! Axl locked himself in a room & refused to leave. It happens 2 or 3 times each tour. Big deal. I remember reading about his refusing to go onstage & needing therapy before shows until midnight back in the early 90's issues of RS. He also bit a security guards lag at the age of 44 at 5 am in the morning? Don't you believe that. He's a wacko.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Please try to be a little less dismissive. Slash played those songs that brought you here in the first place.
Peace,
Intercourse.

please dont' tell me to do shit.  All I said was I'm not that interested in what Slash has to say.   Do you see me posting in the VR section here?   No.  I am here for Guns, and only that.   I don't give a fuck about Slash or VR.   Sue me.

I don't think that's fair.  He's allowed to have his opinion.  I'll never understand how anyone can claim to love Guns N' Roses and despise Slash or Axl, but that's just me.  I don't like a lot of the things Axl has done over the years, but I still respect what he accomplished when he was putting out the music I love.

Intercourse wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

Peace,
Intercourse.

HTGTH does suit me and I do post there, thanks.. its a great board.

as long as I'm not trolling the VR section here, I don't see the problem.   This is the GnR section for the current GnR lineup and thats what I'm here for.  Sorry if i don't bow down and worship your lil hero.   I'm simply not interested in it.

I'll just keep out of this thread now.  so you can have your lil slash fest roll   but if these types of threads are in the vr section or the original gnr section, i wuldn't have even come into it in the first place.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Buzz,
Maybe you have a point but in fairness those opinions are more suited to HTGTH than here.
I think to blankly blame Axl or Slash alone for the GNR break up is retarded. I am a massive fan of both musicians. For me the break up is a combo of money, power, ego and drugs..all members were guilty of abusing each or all of these, some abusing certain things more than others.

I still cannot believe that people bounce into forums to pass off their almost religious hatreds of either Slash or Axl when both men wrote the songs that made them fans in the first place.
None of us were there, we don't know and to be so black and white shows a shallow grip on things.
I really thought we were passed this stuff..

buzzsaw wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

I don't think that's fair.  He's allowed to have his opinion.  I'll never understand how anyone can claim to love Guns N' Roses and despise Slash or Axl, but that's just me.  I don't like a lot of the things Axl has done over the years, but I still respect what he accomplished when he was putting out the music I love.

thank you.. and its not that i despise slash or any of the ex-members (well i dont like matt) i'm just not really itnerested in the past of GNR after all these years.  that was a good time but its been discussed to death and i'm interested in wats going on now.  and I do respect what they did when they were in the band and you wont see me disrespect that.   But outside of izzy's solo stuff, none of the ex-members other projects do anything for me, so i'm just not really interested.  i have an immense amount of love and respect for the current lineup and thats really why i'm here.

on the topic of the book, I am gonna read it eventually.   One of these years when I have some free time and it finds it way to me somehow.

bringbackadler
 Rep: -10 

This is the GnR section for the current GnR lineup and thats what I'm here for.  Sorry if i don't bow down and worship your lil hero.   I'm simply not interested in it.

No offense, but if we were only to discuss the late breaking news surrounding the new band, and their musical accomplishments, it would only take 1 thread.  yikes

bba

Intercourse wrote:

Buzz,
Maybe you have a point but in fairness those opinions are more suited to HTGTH than here.
I think to blankly blame Axl or Slash alone for the GNR break up is retarded. I am a massive fan of both musicians. For me the break up is a combo of money, power, ego and drugs..all members were guilty of abusing each or all of these, some abusing certain things more than others.

I still cannot believe that people bounce into forums to pass off their almost religious hatreds of either Slash or Axl when both men wrote the songs that made them fans in the first place.
None of us were there, we don't know and to be so black and white shows a shallow grip on things.
I really thought we were passed this stuff..

dude where did i blame anyone for anything?   i'm going to say this again.  I'm not realy interested in having these discussions.. I dont give a shit about any of that shit you are talking about!   I am here to talk about GnR and the guys in the band now, and also to keep tabs on what Izzy is doing.   Like I said, had this topic been in the ex-members section I wuldn't have even seen it.   I'm not here to hate on anyone.  So whats your problem?

bringbackadler wrote:

This is the GnR section for the current GnR lineup and thats what I'm here for.  Sorry if i don't bow down and worship your lil hero.   I'm simply not interested in it.

No offense, but if we were only to discuss the late breaking news surrounding the new band, and their musical accomplishments, it would only take 1 thread.  yikes

bba

well no offense but clearly you don't know how to fucking read because theres 2 pages worth of topics on the band in this section dedicated to this band.

Board footer