You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: New Bumblefoot Interview (w/ Shackler's Info)

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

(edited by me) re-recording a Buckethead solo is about as cool to me as rObiN fIn...cK getting credit for lead guitars on an AFD re-release. They're both directly related to Axl being the craziest, laziest, most vindictive bitch in the world. I'm surprised he didn't find some no name super model & pay Victoria's Secret to make her famous as Stefanie Seemore.

If Axl would've left all of Bucket's music on the album, and had Ron not re-record anything or add anything to CD.... there would be an entire group of people going off and slagging Axl, because "why does he have a guitarist in the band that has nothing to do with CD?" "He didn't even record on the album" blah blah blah

Same for Frank.

Axl just can't win with some of you guys. You'll make it negative no matter what.

Somehow I doubt that. I think people are more worried about the album being released than making sure 2 people who had nothing to do with the writing of the album are on the album. I can't speak for anyone else, but I really couldn't care less about who is on the album at this point.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if there are no Robin parts or at the very least no Robin solos on CD if it ever comes out.  Same with BH - I wouldn't be surprised at all if all his solos are gone and possibly all of his work on songs he didn't have a part in writing.

Now see I doubt that on the Bucket part. The difference is Bucket and Robin aren't even comparable in ability, style, and writing. Bucket is FAR FAR more talented, so is Ron, and Axl knows that. They begged Bucket to return to the band in 2006, and his demand was 'release the album', which of course was not ready on Axl's end. Quite possibly the only guy that I know of, Slash included, that had the GN'R camp asking for his return. That right there shows you Bucket had a BIG hand in the writing and direction of the CD material. The first two tracks introduced to the public still have Bucket material on it.

Robin is a touring guitarist, like Richard Fortus, and although the jury is not out, I think their contributions to CD will be very minimal.

Robin's stuff gone = not surprised at all, and would be surprised if it was there in the first place

Bucket's stuff gone = shocked

It's been confirmed by Axl himself that Bucket is still on the album. I'm getting a feeling that Ron re-recorded more of Robin's stuff in the studio, than Bucket. But we'll see.

But to say that anywhere but GN'R-Evo would result in a ban. 4

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
nugdafied wrote:

(edited by me) re-recording a Buckethead solo is about as cool to me as rObiN fIn...cK getting credit for lead guitars on an AFD re-release. They're both directly related to Axl being the craziest, laziest, most vindictive bitch in the world. I'm surprised he didn't find some no name super model & pay Victoria's Secret to make her famous as Stefanie Seemore.

If Axl would've left all of Bucket's music on the album, and had Ron not re-record anything or add anything to CD.... there would be an entire group of people going off and slagging Axl, because "why does he have a guitarist in the band that has nothing to do with CD?" "He didn't even record on the album" blah blah blah

Same for Frank.

Axl just can't win with some of you guys. You'll make it negative no matter what.

Somehow I doubt that. I think people are more worried about the album being released than making sure 2 people who had nothing to do with the writing of the album are on the album. I can't speak for anyone else, but I really couldn't care less about who is on the album at this point.

Believe it. These are the same fans that sit back and complain that 'Blues 2006' needs more guitar and go back to 'Blues 2002'... yet I can remember completely in 2002 people complaining The Blues would be oh so much better if it had more piano like November Rain.

There are certain fans that are unwinnable. Because they are negative nancy's. Hell if a fuckin' reunion of Axl, Slash & Duff were announced, they'd complain that Izzy & Steven weren't there.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I'd complain if Izzy wasn't there. Doesn't mean I try to find fault in everything 'Axl' does.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Believe it. These are the same fans that sit back and complain that 'Blues 2006' needs more guitar and go back to 'Blues 2002'... yet I can remember completely in 2002 people complaining The Blues would be oh so much better if it had more piano like November Rain.

There are certain fans that are unwinnable. Because they are negative nancy's. Hell if a fuckin' reunion of Axl, Slash & Duff were announced, they'd complain that Izzy & Steven weren't there.

14 I get what you mean, but that's a part of life. You can't please everyone.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. I just wish Axl understood that was what he was dealing with. If that were the case, we'd got the album by 1999/2000.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Good to know all the solos are Ron.

How is that good, it was BHs song, that means they erased BHs solos and put rons on there.
That is BAD

Amen to that.  Not a shot against Ron, not in the least.  It just scares me to think that possibly this will be the trend for other songs that Bucket worked on.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

^ Again though we don't know bucket gave it a solo necessarily....we don't know anything was erased for sure...maybe ron just added a new section.

Board footer