You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

that solo is amazing, that's something Slash couldn't do

russtcb wrote:

that solo sucks! Slash could do so much better

see i dont think either of those comments has any relevance to any new gnr discussion at all and if someone posts that they are just asking for the same old stupid argument to begin hmm

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Nice to see people care so much about this community they'll argue for a good 5 pages on the best format we can use smile I'd like to propose an alternative solution or two that you can shoot down if ya like, just thinking aloud:

1. One reply, per thread, per member, per 24 hours.

It prevents a handful of members from de-railing a thread before everyone has a chance to read it and think about their reply. After say 3 days the thread goes back to normal and if it gets de-railed it gets de-railed... Everyone should have read it by then anyway (and replied if they wanted to).

2. Use the "hide" feature in our replies. All replies to a thread could be hidden until a user has written their own reply to the thread/news itself. If they want to make a comment on the news they'll reply and can then see other replies/join in the discussion. If the thread itself doesn't interest them they don't reply and subsequently don't get drawn into any off-topic arguments that have filtered into the thread.

Just offering suggestions and ideas hmm Maybe we can't control it, certainly dont want people to think we censor shit here though. Dont think I've ever deleted a post in the last 12 months 16

In all honesty I'm questioning the long-term effect of having a single thread for "Old/New" arguments and trying to think of ways around it. This thread is already at 10 pages long and doubt anyone who isn't already involved in the discussion will find it easy to suddenly jump in. If they do it'll probably be overlooked by the other members in here already debating/arguing.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Neemo wrote:
russtcb wrote:

that solo is amazing, that's something Slash couldn't do

russtcb wrote:

that solo sucks! Slash could do so much better

see i dont think either of those comments has any relevance to any new gnr discussion at all and if someone posts that they are just asking for the same old stupid argument to begin hmm

Right. And they would be moved to here if made in a topic dealing with something new right? I don't see what the problem is.

the problem is to not even bother posting that in the first place..i think we all know what comments will set off different mind sets and as a whole this community needs to work towards not posting that kind of stuff...we arent looking to censor people here...but we should work to stick to the topics at hand...if subjects morph then they morph in a logical progression...but to bring up how good or bad you think slash is compared to robin....i think we've all been there done that at this point to not even go there in the first place smile

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Don't tell me what I think.  What I posted is 100% the truth.  You may not want to admit it, but that's your problem, not mine.  This music is OK at best, and in most cases, it sucks in the form that we've been given.  Maybe on the album it will be mastered better and it will sound better, but the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

It has nothing to do with anything other than the music.  I call it the way I see it, and when CD comes out, you'll see I'm not alone.  So don't tell me what I think...I know exactly what I think, and if you go back and read through my posts, I'm usually right on.  You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

everything you post is 100 percent the truth buzzsaw - that is why you get banned, right? you are our hero cause cause you say what we are all thinking but are afraid to admit outloud, right? what a joke.

yes you are right after all...........my world and shotgun blues are far superior to TWAT, BETTER, and MADAGASCAR. The spansih soloing in DTJ is far superior to the same in IF THE WORLD and Buckethead couldn't wear slash's jock strap. oh yeah, vr's music is far more diverse and dramatic than chinese democracy. i just didn't want to admit it to myself before.

cd will not compare to the previous albums in terms of sales because of the times, regardless of if it is slash and duff or buckethead and ron playing on it so don't play those games and there will be nay sayers like yourself regardless of how good it is because some people can't move on and live in the past and, honestly, it's a bit unhealthy.

but HEY EVERYBODY LISTEN UP:

buzzsaw wrote:

What I posted is 100% the truth..

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I'd love that to, but for some reason we can't get away from that.

It's like James said... how in the hell did a discussion about a new mix of CD heard at a Best Buy conference turn into a discussion about Shotgun Blues??

Go back and review how it did.  It was actually a great discussion (though eventually it obviously wasn't related to the subject of the thread).  Take away a couple minor personal attacks and the discussion was exactly what we should want to encourage. 

Nobody said Slash rulz!!!!! or anything stupid like that.  A point was made, a counter point was made, and several posts later, I was being asked if I preferred Shotgun Blues demos to Better demos.  He didn't do it to start an old vs new discussion...it came naturally through the conversation we were having and it was a completely fair question based on where things were headed.

Could it have been handled differently?  Sure, but it's not like either of us went in there to get in an old vs new debate, nor did either of us make a post that didn't fit a logical progression of the thread.  That's where it went.  I didn't take it there, I'm sure he didn't take it there on purpose or maybe he didn't even realize he took it there, but I did respond.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Don't tell me what I think.  What I posted is 100% the truth.  You may not want to admit it, but that's your problem, not mine.  This music is OK at best, and in most cases, it sucks in the form that we've been given.  Maybe on the album it will be mastered better and it will sound better, but the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

Wow...maybe I inadvertantly started it.  Interesting - I didn't even realize it.  My point is the same though.  I assure you I didn't go in there to get into an old vs new discussion.  I had a valid point and I made it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
downliner wrote:

Nice to see people care so much about this community they'll argue for a good 5 pages on the best format we can use smile

Thank you for recognizing my purpose here.  I can't tell you how much I appreciate that.

I don't think one thread is the answer either. Hell, maybe we can be the one board that offers a section dedicated to only old vs new discussion.

This is exactly what my suggestion is about.  The difference is that I let the discussion continue in the section it was started until it is completed, then move either the whole thread or the parts that aren't applicable to the thread itself to a new area if they want to continue the discussion later.

Board footer