You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

We'll use this thread for the old vs new debate. Nothing wrong with such discussions, but they shouldn't hijack threads dealing with actual Chinese Democracy news. Not saying we cant mention old GNR in certain context regarding the post 93 era in other sections, but massive thread hijacks aren't necessary when the debate can stand on its own merits aside from news about the album and its potential release.

mygnr loves GN'R more than life itself.

All I hear is "Axl sucks, the new band sucks" over there about 99% of the time.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

mygnr loves GN'R more than life itself.

All I hear is "Axl sucks, the new band sucks" over there about 99% of the time.

I, and many other people, have said this various times over the years, but that's the biggest hurdle this album's gonna have to overcome. 

Not sounding dated to any particular time, not quality of songs,  just simply people who aren't willing to accept it (without even listening) just because it isn't the GNR they're used to.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

If Chinese Democracy consisted of of Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy & Steven, and sounded like AFD II but with different lyrics, those mother fuckers over there would sit back and trash it for sounding 'repetitive'.

The typical MyGNR forum user...

southpark.jpg

They'll be negative, just for the sake of being negative, and I hope to GOD Axl doesn't let those guys influence his decisions in any way.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

exactly

as much as i like SOME of AC/DC they are a perfect example of what gnr would be if they didn't explore new avenues of their art form. vr is another one 19

not trying to start another pointless debate about that one - just supporting my point with examples and IMO!

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:
war wrote:

exactly

as much as i like SOME of AC/DC they are a perfect example of what gnr would be if they didn't explore new avenues of their art form. vr is another one 19

not trying to start another pointless debate about that one - just supporting my point with examples and IMO!

I don't agree. UYI was a drastic departure from AFD.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

And that was ONLY because of Axl. That's been stated in countless interviews over the years by band members, and people close to the band.

Axl was the one pushing for another direction, and the rest of the band wanting to stick with the "tried and true" sound. Their initial reaction to songs like Rain & Estranged was utter disgust.

war

war wrote:
D-Machine wrote:
war wrote:

exactly

I don't agree. UYI was a drastic departure from AFD.

umm that would mean you do agree
i spoke pretty clearly but apparently you did not understand my point/post

war

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And that was ONLY because of Axl. That's been stated in countless interviews over the years by band members, and people close to the band.

Axl was the one pushing for another direction, and the rest of the band wanting to stick with the "tried and true" sound. Their initial reaction to songs like Rain & Estranged was utter disgust.

been referencing that for years

some people don't want to admit that axl was more than a singer/lyricist

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war

war wrote:

i love afd
and would like nothing more than axl releasing all of the new music followed by a full reunion

Board footer