You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Of all the people ever to be in GnR, I think Slash is the least hurting for cash.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You obviously didn't see the rock star wives special where Perla was showing off that she spends his money like there's no tomorrow.

Count Fluffy
 Rep: 0 

Count Fluffy wrote:

I haven't heard these leaks, but they're only recorded audio right? Not a digital rip or anything that we know of yet?

dave-gnfnr2k
 Rep: 11 

dave-gnfnr2k wrote:
sic. wrote:

Axl sang the last line of CD as 'they all reach out for your hand' (or whatever it exactly is) in early 2001, as well.

That's the 'original' ending, if you may.

At HOB and RIR he sung it like it was on the demo we have.
In 2002 he started with if the hands reach up for your help line

Bright Eyes 2005
 Rep: 27 

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

War,

with all due respect, thats some of the craziest most ridiculous stuff I've read on a message forum.

People DO tell the difference in solos. For me, the Solos are just as memorable as the lyrics/vocals. The NR solo is as famous as the song. I remember at work one day, NR came on. 15 minutes later everyone I worked with were humming the "SOLO"

same with SCOM and Estranged.

Estranged is great but u take Slash's guitar work out of it, and its just a good song.

If u listen to the leaks, Song 2 is good, but if it had Slash/estranged like Guitar work, it would be epic masterpiece level. Instead its just a good song.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
D-Machine wrote:

War,

with all due respect, thats some of the craziest most ridiculous stuff I've read on a message forum.

People DO tell the difference in solos. For me, the Solos are just as memorable as the lyrics/vocals. The NR solo is as famous as the song. I remember at work one day, NR came on. 15 minutes later everyone I worked with were humming the "SOLO"

same with SCOM and Estranged.

Estranged is great but u take Slash's guitar work out of it, and its just a good song.

If u listen to the leaks, Song 2 is good, but if it had Slash/estranged like Guitar work, it would be epic masterpiece level. Instead its just a good song.

lol

my post was crazy or the blunt truth?

a song like sweet child o mine showcases the guitar solo/s because the background instruments "rock out " and are dramatic behind the solo/s.

november rain doesn't do that because it was written with different intentions. the outro solo is some of slash's best work on the album and since it is acompanied by solid and total band input it is grand. the two main solos were not.

a guitar virtuoso like steve vai relies on the same thing and he is producing music for the guitar solo loving listeners cause that is what he does (90 percent of his songs do not have vocals in case you do not know who he is). he doesn't require somone like izzy writing awesome rythm work behind the solos like gnr did because, again, he is writing solos for the guitar solo loving listeners but his music does require a solid band behind him in order for his brilliant guitar work to make it's impact.

november rain was played on more mainstrem radio stations that didn't touch welcome to the jungle and other "rockers" by gnr or anyone for that matter. you and i noticed the solos and appreciated them but you and i cannot speak for the majority. all of the little girls, that would call in requesting the song often times couldn't even name the band that recorded it. in fact, kdwb here in minneapolis cut the solos out. i would imagine they had a reason to do that and that was the fact that the majority of listeners didn't require them to cling on to the song.

slash is the reason i worked 2 hour shifts every friday and saturday (which was all the law would allow at that time) at hardees at the age of 13, riding my bike both ways for a year until i could finally afford to buy a guitar and amp and then quit my job and spent every friday and saturday and every other day of the week learning every note the great slash put into gnr's released songs.

i appreciate slash's solos as much as you and would never take any of them out but, unfortunately, the guitar solo is more of a perk in this day and age than a necessity to certain rock songs.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Oh and I agree with D. I think Slash's guitar work in November Rain is what makes the song so epic. Take out the solos and it's just an average piano ballad.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:

Oh and I agree with D. I think Slash's guitar work in November Rain is what makes the song so epic. Take out the solos and it's just an average piano ballad.

maybe you should read my response

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Acquiesce wrote:

take out Axl and the song doesn't exist. slash, while amazing, is not as important to the GNR name as Axl is. just look at velvet revolver, it consist of 3 former GNR members and has not produced anything that remotely touches on their previous work. however if we examine the nuGNR line up, the only original member being Axl, we can see that the leaks are comparable and in some cases surpass original GNR songs.

if you aren't a fan of at least one or two of the leaks you will never be satisfied with anything the new band produces. or at least not until your precious slash returns. i swear to god some of you nay-sayers would love the new songs, provided slash was in the credits, even if it sounded exactly the same.

"OMG LISTEN TO SLASH'S AWESOME SOLO ON TWAT"

instead its, "oh! its only buckethead he isn't nearly as lovable as slash, i couldn't possibly enjoy his work under the GNR name"

i love slash btw, i am just not as frustratingly nostalgic as some of you.

Board footer