You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

Oh, here we go...

Enough already.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Maybe, but if the music was good enough on it's own, it would be labeled as the Axl Rose solo album that it is.  It works both ways.  Despite a few thinking so, these songs (as we've heard so far) are not up to the standards of the old band's best work...not even close really.  Maybe it's up to the standards of the filler material...that's not something to hang your hat on as a fan of the new band.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

bullshit buzzsaw, bullshit

it's subjective to an extent but like russ and captain winkler said and i have said in the past it's still dishonest

if you fell in to a coma the day before gnr broke up and came out of it the day chinese democrcay is released and you heard this msuic not knowing it wasn't the old lineup you would praise it like you did the UYI albums. whether you wanna admit it to yourself or not, what i say is true, unless ac/dc is your favorite band.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Don't tell me what I think.  What I posted is 100% the truth.  You may not want to admit it, but that's your problem, not mine.  This music is OK at best, and in most cases, it sucks in the form that we've been given.  Maybe on the album it will be mastered better and it will sound better, but the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

It has nothing to do with anything other than the music.  I call it the way I see it, and when CD comes out, you'll see I'm not alone.  So don't tell me what I think...I know exactly what I think, and if you go back and read through my posts, I'm usually right on.  You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:
war wrote:

bullshit buzzsaw, bullshit

it's subjective to an extent but like russ and captain winkler said and i have said in the past it's still dishonest

if you fell in to a coma the day before gnr broke up and came out of it the day chinese democrcay is released and you heard this msuic not knowing it wasn't the old lineup you would praise it like you did the UYI albums. whether you wanna admit it to yourself or not, what i say is true, unless ac/dc is your favorite band.

EXACTLY.

Too many people dislike this based on the fact that it's not "their old GNR". You're exactly right. You could play any one of these songs for someone right here now today and say "this is one of the secret tracks for the reunion that's gonna happen". They'd start praising Slash's work all over the place and tell you about how this is "real GNR".

I swear to god I'm gonna take a stereo and set up a "blind taste test" booth in front of a store somewhere (just like they used to do with Coke and Pepsi in the 80s and show you what I mean.

I invite you to do that...you're going to be very disappointed about the results.  Go play Shackler's, Better, and pick any of the other so called rockers for the general public and compare it to WTTJ, YCBM, and PC and see which people prefer.  Good luck.  You'd have no chance whatsoever of winning, so I suggest you stop embarrassing yourself.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Don't tell me what I think.  What I posted is 100% the truth.  You may not want to admit it, but that's your problem, not mine.  This music is OK at best, and in most cases, it sucks in the form that we've been given.  Maybe on the album it will be mastered better and it will sound better, but the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

It has nothing to do with anything other than the music.  I call it the way I see it, and when CD comes out, you'll see I'm not alone.  So don't tell me what I think...I know exactly what I think, and if you go back and read through my posts, I'm usually right on.  You don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.

everything you post is 100 percent the truth buzzsaw - that is why you get banned, right? you are our hero cause cause you say what we are all thinking but are afraid to admit outloud, right? what a joke.

yes you are right after all...........my world and shotgun blues are far superior to TWAT, BETTER, and MADAGASCAR. The spansih soloing in DTJ is far superior to the same in IF THE WORLD and Buckethead couldn't wear slash's jock strap. oh yeah, vr's music is far more diverse and dramatic than chinese democracy. i just didn't want to admit it to myself before.

cd will not compare to the previous albums in terms of sales because of the times, regardless of if it is slash and duff or buckethead and ron playing on it so don't play those games and there will be nay sayers like yourself regardless of how good it is because some people can't move on and live in the past and, honestly, it's a bit unhealthy.

but HEY EVERYBODY LISTEN UP:

buzzsaw wrote:

What I posted is 100% the truth..

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

OK war, now go back and quote where I said that.  Thank you, you lose.  Again.  Care to keep going?  I have all day.

Board footer