You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: New GNR vs old GNR/ GNR vs Velvet Revolver thread

buzzsaw wrote:
russtcb wrote:

No one is telling you what you think. And you're not posting 100% truth, you're posting 100% opinion.

It's your opinion that these songs are not as good as UYI. Saying CD won't be successful or people won't like it as much as older GNR material is a super easy road to take.

I love all the leaks and I can easily tell you it's not going to sell like AFD or UYI. You know why? Because it's 2008 and this album is up against way more the others were.

Having an opinion that these songs are as good as the "classics" isn't embarrassing myself. If you ask me, having a closed mind and refusing to accept anything GNR does without Slash is far more embarrassing.

I have a very open mind.  I listen to more styles of music than most people here (probably more than anybody, but I'll be modest).  That gives me the insight to call a spade a spade musically.  I've never (emphasize never) said I wouldn't accept anything GnR does without Slash.  Not once.  I do, however, expect it to live up to the standards set by the previous band, and when it doesn't, I'm not going to accept it because I'm happy to be getting anything.  You choose to settle and that's fine.  I support your right to do so, but don't expect me to do it and call me closed minded because I won't.

This shit wouldn't sell like UYI or AFD in the 80s - it's not good enough.  That isn't me saying that, that's the reality of it.  Even all the people that love the new band can't decide which songs are good and which ones suck...very telling to anyone with a truly open mind.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

OK war, now go back and quote where I said that.  Thank you, you lose.  Again.  Care to keep going?  I have all day.

lol you have all day?

i am guessing you do not because most of your day is spent reliving the past

the only thing i claimed you said i did quote

what are you asking me?

and the only thing you won is our prestigious PSYCHO NEGATIVE FAN award!!!! YAY!!!!

buzzsaw wrote:

I have a very open mind.  I listen to more styles of music than most people here (probably more than anybody, but I'll be modest).  That gives me the insight to call a spade a spade musically.

you've got to be kidding me. i USED to respect you and your positiion because i thought deep down inside you had an objective ear but were just a bit bitter about the breakup of the old band. according to you are an ELITIST with a more cultured ear than all of us and just plain know more about music than us. IMO that makes you a pseudo intellectual.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

yes you are right after all...........my world and shotgun blues are far superior to TWAT, BETTER, and MADAGASCAR. The spansih soloing in DTJ is far superior to the same in IF THE WORLD and Buckethead couldn't wear slash's jock strap. oh yeah, vr's music is far more diverse and dramatic than chinese democracy. i just didn't want to admit it to myself before.

Please provide the quotes for this.

You want to know why I got banned asshat?  It's because I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe no matter who it's against.  I got banned for being right and not being willing to let it go.  I got banned for demanding an apology that I knew I would never get.  That is well worth a banning.  I have taken on much better than you, so either bring your "A game" or walk away.

So if you and russ want to double team me all day and give each other karma for doing it, that's fine with me.  Pat yourselves on the back.  I don't seek or need approval from others. 

Go back and look at my posting history.  I get attacked over and over for being "negative" yet time after time, I'm right.  Interesting.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

yes you are right after all...........my world and shotgun blues are far superior to TWAT, BETTER, and MADAGASCAR. The spansih soloing in DTJ is far superior to the same in IF THE WORLD and Buckethead couldn't wear slash's jock strap. oh yeah, vr's music is far more diverse and dramatic than chinese democracy. i just didn't want to admit it to myself before.

You want to know why I got banned asshat?  It's because I'm not afraid to stand up for what I believe no matter who it's against.  I got banned for being right and not being willing to let it go.  I got banned for demanding an apology that I knew I would never get.  That is well worth a banning.  I have taken on much better than you, so either bring your "A game" or walk away.

So if you and russ want to double team me all day and give each other karma for doing it, that's fine with me.  Pat yourselves on the back.  I don't seek or need approval from others. 

Go back and look at my posting history.  I get attacked over and over for being "negative" yet time after time, I'm right.  Interesting.

I hate to jump in on this argument, but buzzsaw how can you be "right"?  When a lot of the time you're just giving your opinion?  You're opinion is no more right than anyone else's.  Maybe you have examples of when you were right, I really don't know.  But if you're talking about strict opinions, you're not right.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

you've got to be kidding me. i USED to respect you and your positiion because i thought deep down inside you had an objective ear but were just a bit bitter about the breakup of the old band. according to you are an ELITIST with a more cultured ear than all of us and just plain know more about music than us. IMO that makes you a pseudo intellectual.

I'm sorry, there's nothing pseudo about it.  I'm not an elitist...I only bring it up if people question me.  I have to tell you why I know exactly what I'm talking about or you'll question that too.  I could give you a page long resume of why I'm more qualified than most people here, but I don't do it.  I won't do it. 

If you want to challenge my musical knowledge, do it.  I don't know everything about every band out there.  There are many here that are more knowledgeable of pop music or indie music than I am.  My expertise is more in the music theory area.  What works musically, what doesn't work musically, etc.  My biggest area of expertise is understanding the general public and what their take on music is going to be because I'm as open to as many different types of music as I am.  there is a lot of music I don't like, yet I can identify it as songs that will be popular with the public.  I'm wrong sometimes (law of averages), but usually I'm correct.

I'm also a student of history.  What happened in the past is often an indication of what will happen in the future.  Learn history...why things happened like they did, what can be done to change things, etc.  This will tell you a lot about what to expect going forward.  Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but it's hard to argue with the results.

Anything else you want to know?

Now this is funny.

Oh, well - there's always the next thread.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
faldor wrote:

I hate to jump in on this argument, but buzzsaw how can you be "right"?  When a lot of the time you're just giving your opinion?  You're opinion is no more right than anyone else's.  Maybe you have examples of when you were right, I really don't know.  But if you're talking about strict opinions, you're not right.

No problem faldor...this is a simple answer actually.  When you say something is going to happen (an opinion) and that's what happens, that makes you right.  So yes, an opinion can be right, as mine usually are.  Some of mine haven't yet had the opportunity to be right, so those are neither right or wrong.  I imagine a couple times I've even been wrong (though I don't recall any specific examples) and in those cases, you are correct, I was not right.  Does that help?

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

buzzsaw wrote:

the UYI demos smoke every single demo we have right now musically.  Every single one of them.  Not some of them, not a few of them...every single one of them.

apparently you can't even remeber all of the nonsense that spews out of you

nobody is double teaming you - we are both quoting and responding to different parts of your posts. and i just messaged russ telling him how much i ate it when it is more than one on one.

you got banned because you are a negative poster who is disruptive to the peace of the board. i know you think everything you say is 100 percent true but most people don't think that way and henceforth see things on an even playing filed - OPINION VS OPINION and FACT VS FACT. you do not and that is why virtually everybody disagrees with half of your posts. the majority of your posts aren't even relevant due to your baggage. you can believe what you want but you live in a fantasy world if you think you are unfairly labeled a villian but are really the dark knight who is too smart and too honest and too just for everyone else to digest. i think you hold on so tight to your opinions and ideals that you feel are fact and the tension builds inside of you as a result gets misplaced and misguided as frustration towards us UNINFORMED members.

aanother thing: you keep manuvering around my posts by changing the subject and you also keep bringing up your credentials. if you were "winning" and if you were right why would you bring this stuff up in the midlle of a debate?

now you are a history buff. great. it's not relevant.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Ummmm...yeah, not even close.  Show me where I say this:

war wrote:

Good luck to you.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

you got banned because you are a negative poster who is disruptive to the peace of the board. i know you think everything you say is 100 percent true but most people don't think that way and henceforth see things on an even playing filed - OPINION VS OPINION and FACT VS FACT. you do not and that is why virtually everybody disagrees with half of your posts. the majority of your posts aren't even relevant due to your baggage. you can believe what you want but you live in a fantasy world if you think you are unfairly labeled a villian but are really the dark knight who is too smart and too honest and too just for everyone else to digest. i think you hold on so tight to your opinions and ideals that you feel are fact and the tension builds inside of you as a result gets misplaced and misguided as frustration towards us UNINFORMED members.

aanother thing: you keep manuvering around my posts by changing the subject and you also keep bringing up your credentials. if you were "winning" and if you were right why would you bring this stuff up in the midlle of a debate?

now you are a history buff. great. it's not relevant.

Oh, were you consulted with when I got banned?  I didn't think so.  You have no idea, you're just being argumentative.  I told you why, you came to your own conclusion.  You're going to believe what you want no matter what, I know the truth.

No maneuvering.  Answering.  Not just answering, but giving my qualifications to answer.  Presidential candidates could learn something from me. 

Any other longshots or do you give up yet?  I'll be watching football, so I can continue as long as you'd like.

Board footer