You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Chinese Democracy Was Never Meant To Be Heard

Interesting article and well written.  I guess the author is trying to say that since Chinese Democracy is about to be released & the economy is crashing, the apocalypse is upon us.  That the world is about to implode.   That Chinese Democracy like The Who's Lifehouse or the Beach Boys version of Smile was never meant to be heard.   

I must admit that if someone told me a year ago that CD was going to be released and we'd be on the verge of another Great Depression I'd say they were crazy on both counts. 

Seriously though I think this is the last time Axl will be able to cause this kind of anticipation with regards to the album from the likes of MTV & the rest of the mainstream media.  If he fails to deliver this time, I seriously doubt we'll EVER get to hear this album.   And by the point it does come out (probably posthumously) we'll all be dead or too old to give a shit. And the media will no longer care at all.  If Axl backs out again, Irving will fire him and he'll be back to sqaure one.  With the band and Chinese Democracy back into the great abyss.   That's why I think its November 25th, 2008 or never...

Sky Dog wrote:

oh please...it's always the last time....

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

He said Shackler's was really terrible.
I've not heard anyone call it that before.

Anyway - most of this was in a mocking tone, if I read it right.

My wife said it - she made me turn it off 30 seconds into the song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

How can you know a song sucks 30 seconds into it?

Sky Dog wrote:

because Buzzsaw told her it sucked before he put it on.:peace:...However, I don't really like it either.:(

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Shackler is in my Top-5 new GN'R stuff. Love it.

hmmm

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

that guy replied to my email smile
he wrote:
Thanks for the email. DAMN, I can't believe I screwed up that VMA thing. Thanks for pointing it out, I'm changing it now. Anyway, yeah, I was thinking of doing a column this week where I reviewed all the leaks, but then I saw the Time thing, so that was out the window. I agree with you, some of the stuff -- "There Was A Time," "Madagascar" (is that even still on the album?!?!) and the title track -- are really killer. Some of the other songs -- like "OMG" and "Shackler's" are just really lousy industrial trainwrecks. That's just how I feel though. I'm really torn about the album, because, like I said, I;ve been waiting for it for SO LONG NOW ... but I'm only like 50/50 on the stuff I've heard, so I can't help but feel like it's gonna be bad.
But thanks for the note. It was really genuine and thoughtful.
-James

james montgomery
mtv news

seems like a cool dude

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

That's really nice. The dude seems like a cool guy, a fan, just anxiously awaiting like everyone.

He also knows his shit too (minus the VMA thing). Nice.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

why do you think just because time reviewed the leaks he wouldnt be able to?
why would that affect him?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Maybe his editor doesn't like repetitive ideas? Dunno.

Board footer