You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

war wrote:

i wouldn't say it sounds like he doesn't - the context seems to be more casual and fun n games as opposed to getting down to the truth.  don't forget about slash going to axl's house in '06. he didn't admit to it happening at first. it doesn't mean he went directly to get the old band back together but it was a huge sign that he wants to let bye gones be just that. he certainly didn't go there for tea - it's not like they hung out as friends when they weren't on tour or recording.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
war wrote:

i wouldn't say it sounds like he doesn't - the context seems to be more casual and fun n games as opposed to getting down to the truth.  don't forget about slash going to axl's house in '06. he didn't admit to it happening at first. it doesn't mean he went directly to get the old band back together but it was a huge sign that he wants to let bye gones be just that. he certainly didn't go there for tea - it's not like they hung out as friends when they weren't on tour or recording.

If Axl called Slash to reunite I think Slash would do it in a nansecond.  With Azoff on board anyone that says a reunion won't happen are simply in denial.  Ain't saying it's gonna happen this year but it will and in a not so distant future.  Like I said before, I hope if they reunite that it won't be just for a tour.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Was it irratating that the singer in your band wouldn't commit to actually being in the band?

I'm really easy-going and i'll make allowances for whatever people need. But there is the other side of it too and, when you're dealing with someone who is too high-maintenance to hang out with the guys in the trenches, then there are problems

There was a rumour that Weiland was called 'J.A' - Junior Axl - By the band behind he back, is there any truth in that?

No, i never called him that, there were a few similarities though. what became really irritating was that i had the same problem with Scott as i had when i toured with Axl. i just couldn't get the guy onstage on time. That i can't accept. i will not do it again. i will not be in a situation where a guy is making the audience wait half an hour or an hour or more. it's criminal, i don't know who someone thinks he is when tries to get away with that sort of thing

Sky Dog wrote:

Axl isn't going on stage on time so he should just say that a Gnr reunion won't happen...

war

war wrote:

i am well aware of these statements, neemo. they do not, however, hold water next to the fact that slash went to axl's house that night or the fact that slash lied about the whole thing in the beginning. axl wanted to bring in another lead guitar player and, not surprisingly, a short time after zakk wylde jammed with them slash left the band. slash didn't leave the band because of axl's tardiness, people. if that were the case he would have left earlier. some of you take his book for more than it's worth. slash left because he was bitter and, yes, there was more than one reason the band was imploding but that was huge. now axl is bitter cause slash left. the reunion is waiting on axl, my friends.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

those quotes arent from slash's book...have you read his book? its pretty good if you're a gnr fan you'll enjoy it guaranteeed tongue

anyway....so now we are going by incidents 2-3 years ago and 11 years ago as being more relevant than recent interviews? I'll tell ya something..if they havent reunited since Slash went to Axl's house to apologise (so some of us guess, i reality we dont know why he was there...but one thing we do know is that Axl refused to see him..yeah that points to a reunion) to be honest i really dont see how anythign lately points to a reunion..you guys are living ina fantasy world 16

as for axl's tardiness being the cause of GnR's breakup...i'm not suggesting that at all, dont be absurd....i'm just offering hard evidence where Slash has said a reunion aint gonna happen..feel free to post some current relvant evidence which points to a reunion...i really wanna read it..

dont get me wrong, a reunion would be cool as fuck ... i just really doubt its gonna happen in the near future

war

war wrote:

neemo, 11 years ago, is around the time the band broke up which is what i was talking about. c'mon man this is becoming quite painful and doesn't need to.

first of all, i am not saying a reunion is gonna happen tomorrow, in a year, or ever. i am saying that slash would do it in a hearbeat. what else would slash be wanting to talk about at axl's houe late that night that he would not want to admit to it after he is sent away???

you have to consider why slash left in the first place so "11 years ago" becomes relevant. you have to ask, has that changed? or has slash's grown willing to accept it?

if all slash wants is for his lead singer to go onstage on time and be a team player the ball is in axl's court to want it enought to change cause last tour he was still isolating himself from the band and showing up when he felt like it. i do not beleive these were truly the major issues.

if slash was as insulted and offended when axl brought in zakk wylde as i think he was then axl needs to be willing to bury the 3 guitarist stance if and when he is willing to bury the hatchet and reunite with the good old boys. in this case, like i said, the ball is in axl's court.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you have to consider why slash left in the first place so "11 years ago" becomes relevant. you have to ask, has that changed? or has slash's grown willing to accept it?

yeah you definately have to consider why he left....

Have things changed in GNR (or more importantly has Axl changed)since Slash left?
Not really, not that i know of

Has Slash's regretted leaving?
prolly not...in fact evidence shows that now more than ever that slash stands by his decision for leaving GnR

Will Slash accept that things wont change?
I'm pretty sure he knows things wont change and i'm pretty sure that is the biggest block at the moment, these 2 guys are in totally different places, a freindship must be rebuilt long before a professional relationship can even be considered cuz thats the kinda guy Slash is...alot of peopel think he'll just do a reunion for cash...i honestly dont

I'll ask you something, you are prolly one of the biggest supporters of "Axl's Vision" if Axl worked 10 or so years to get things where they need to be and building this post UYI era of GnR then why on gods green earth would he backtrack and admit defeat that he cannot release an album without those guys? why would he work on taking GnR to the 21st century only to immediately place it back in the 1990's? If i had money i'd bet on no GnR reunion inside of 5 years..take it to the bank...i'm still waiting on some evidence pointing to a reunion...evidence aside from Robin currently being in NIN

war

war wrote:

much better discussion now

axl's proves his point by releasing his album. that is set to happen next month, potentially. the album, which you have essentially pointed out, has stood in the way of a reunion this whole time. since people seem to understand that we are now beginning to see an increase in reunion talk. the chance of a reunion becomes exceedingly more realistic from a logistic point of view after the album is released. axl proves he has his vision and can coordinate a massive collaberation without the people that he feels abandoned him but with a bunch of uknowns and yet it still comes out sounding pretty good. he no longer needs finck and company to do this much and a reunion after the cd would sell out the biggest venues in the world and help the cd sales as well. and probably be a lot of fun for everyone.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

Axl isn't going on stage on time so he should just say that a Gnr reunion won't happen...

Axl can hit the stage on time if he wants to. He never missed any "important" appearance. The MTV crowd was never forced to wait several hours for Jungle or NR or a medley. The only people he dares to do this are his fans. For non-fans and music business guys he has a different approach.

Board footer