You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

NY Giants82 wrote:

Didnt see this posted. If so, sorry... I saw this on blabbermouth.

According to Hits Daily Double, the companion web site of music industry tip sheet HITS, GUNS N' ROSES' long-awaited new album, "Chinese Democracy" (Geffen/Interscope) finally has a release date. The CD will hit all Best Buy stores, where it is an exclusive, on the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, November 23, giving it a full seven days on sale before entering the chart on December 2. Best Buy's sales week runs from Sunday through Saturday night.

GUNS manager Andy Gould reportedly told 900 Best Buy employees at "vendor convention" held by Best Buy last month in Dallas that a new GN'R song called "If The World" will play under the closing credits of "Body of Lies", the new film starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Russell Crowe due out on October 10. That news was confirmed online at film web sites whose representatives had attended a press screening of the flick. "If The World" will not appear on the film's soundtrack album.

"If The World" features the guitar work of Robin Finck and Buckethead, who have both since departed GUNS N' ROSES.

Another new GN'R song, called "Shackler's Revenge", appears on the Rock Band 2 video game.

"Chinese Democracy" has been more than 13 years in the making, with every original member of GUNS N' ROSES except for frontman Axl Rose long since gone from the lineup.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

i never post very often, due to the fact alot of fans say exactly what i'm thinking - but i'm really stoked about this.
i really do believe i/we will see it this year.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

This was posted in the Best Buy leaks thread.  People are saying that site is pretty reputable.  www.hitsdailydouble.com that is.  Sounds like a masterful plan if it turns out to be true.  As always though, I'll temper my excitement until we hear something concrete.

huntermc
 Rep: 12 

huntermc wrote:

I wish Hits Daily Double had reported what their source was. Is this actually confirmed through band (or Best Buy) management? Or are they just reporting more unconfirmed message board rumors & speculation? I want to believe, but I'm still skeptical until I hear it confirmed officially.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
huntermc wrote:

I wish Hits Daily Double had reported what their source was. Is this actually confirmed through band (or Best Buy) management? Or are they just reporting more unconfirmed message board rumors & speculation? I want to believe, but I'm still skeptical until I hear it confirmed officially.

Yeah that's the thing with all these rumors.  Without a report from the band or management, any rumor is hard to believe.  We can all hope it's true, but it's sort of like the boy who cried wolf at this point.

Sky Dog wrote:

the site is reputable...like Billboard. I would like an official announcement as well. The silence can't go on much longer as that date is only 6 weeks out.:headbang:

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

still waiting for "guns reacts to arrest" to change. until then, who knows

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

interesting times to be sure

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Yet another rumor.  Ahhh!  The joys of being a fan of Axl.  Always rumors, never anything official.

Sky Dog wrote:

you never stop complaining do you....it's real this time. Get over it.

Board footer