You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

Tommie wrote:

So whats the consensus?  With all these places saying its coming out, is it safe to get your hopes up?  I'm debating on whether or not I want to start telling people.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

if people ask me whats up i tell them tommie but i dont go out of my way to tell peopel

and i usually end my update with "We'll see what happens, i'm not holding my breath" 14

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

This is the closest we have ever been.  The silence from the band site is what is shocking.  It doesn't surprize me at this point.  We are in a big game to Texas Hold 'Em.  We can see the two cards that are up, but we aren't allowed to see the other three cards yet.  Once we can see the whole end, a bigger buzz can follow.

I still don't see why they don't make SR and ITW available for a download unless that is part of the RB and BB deals.  There is more to the story then we are being told and the next days/weeks should slowly unfold what we having been waiting to hear.

Sky Dog wrote:

they aren't for download because the band, the record company, and BB want you to buy the ALBUM first. RB wants you to buy their game. Pretty simple really.:|

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

Simple yes, but money could be made NOW.  You think the record company would want that.  From everything I've been lead to believe, the record company has an attitude of revenue at all cost.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
madagas wrote:

they aren't for download because the band, the record company, and BB want you to buy the ALBUM first. RB wants you to buy their game. Pretty simple really.:|

...and they won't release a single and shoot a video, because they want people to buy the album without hearing a note (except a few thousand internet nerds who know the leaks). Great strategy and shows how much faith they have in the material.

ereeper

ereeper wrote:

That's right.  The material is very good and they should have faith in it.  Many people may not want the entire album because of the amount time it's been or from the many, many rumours over the last decade plus.  Get these two songs out there and the casual fan can get interested again.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

I was ironic. I think they don't have faith in the material, so wants to capitalize on the 'deaf consumers', people who buy it based on the name and not the music.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

you guys are both wrong. they are promoting the album with songs that are not even singles and probably getting paid for it, allowing them more bullets for strategic strike.  add dr pepper, msl, arrests, recent tour, etc. and they're promoting the album before they even do any major convential promotion.

it's what they had to do. no matter how good the music is and how much faith they have in it - people are gonna be skeptical because it's not the old gnr. jesus could be on the album and it wouldn't be good enough. ofcourse, he's already busy with velvet revolver 16

THEY ARE ACCLIMATING THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHILE AT THE SAME TIME PROMOTING THE ALBUM

in a week or 2 they could start with the tv ads and a really good single and they'll be off to the races.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer