You are not logged in. Please register or login.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

you never stop complaining do you....it's real this time. Get over it.

How do you know it's real?  Did Uni, Azoff, Gould or Axl confirm this to you?  If not then like I said it is yet another rumor.  Ain't complaining but I wish sometimes we could get something official instead. But if you prefer rumors.  Then that is your choice man.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am not basing anything on that article....it's all the other shit over the last year that clearly says "this is it".....a TON of things all pointing in the same direction. This is as close as we have ever been and I have followed this shitstorm intimately since 1994.....and yes, you are complaining and do so in almost every post and every thread.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
madagas wrote:

I am not basing anything on that article....it's all the other shit over the last year that clearly says "this is it".....a TON of things all pointing in the same direction. This is as close as we have ever been and I have followed this shitstorm intimately since 1994.....and yes, you are complaining and do so in almost every post and every thread.

We were close in 06 as well man.  Again an official statement would be nice.  I agree that EVERYTHING points to a release or almost everything but sadly in GNR's world that don't mean squat until we actually see this album in stores.  Will I fall out of my chair if it is released this year?  No, I'll even be glad.  But I won't fall out of my chair if we end up with no album this year again.  And to close this if you do not like my posts then I kindly invite you to not read them.  You are entitled to your opinons and so am I.  If you can't live with that well that's your problem.:peace:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

"More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirms to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday."

and believe me Gnfnraxl, I would ignore your posts if there was an ignore feature. However, since you post in every thread and are quite prolific in your recent ranting, it is fairly hard to ignore you without ignoring the entire Gnr section.:haha:

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

This just popped up on Billboard.com:

GNR's 'Chinese Democracy' Gets Release Date
October 09, 2008 , 11:40 AM ET
Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

More than a decade after its conception, Guns N' Roses' "Chinese Democracy" will finally see the light of day before year's end, sources close to the situation confirms to Billboard. As first reported here, the set will be a Best Buy exclusive and will be available Sunday, Nov. 23, rather than the usual Tuesday.

Beyond enticing pre-Thanksgiving shoppers, the move is tied to the structure of Best Buy's sales week, which runs from Sunday to Saturday. As such, "Chinese Democracy" would not be eligible to chart on The Billboard 200 until the week of Dec. 1, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

In the run-up to release date, album track "Shackler's Revenge" will debut in the video game "Rock Band 2," while a portion of "If the World" is playing over the end credits in the new Leonardo DiCaprio/Russell Crowe film "Body of Lies."

In addition, GNR's seminal 1987 debut, "Appetite for Destruction," will be reissued on vinyl on Oct. 28 via Interscope.

The band's last new studio albums were the simultaneously released "Use Your Illusion I" and "II" in September 1991. A covers set, "The Spaghetti Incident?," followed in 1993, and featured some of the last GNR recordings from original guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan.

Maybe I'm reading a little to much into this but it says "the set will be a Best Buy exclusive." Does that mean something other than just an audio cd?

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

russtcb, speaking of Best Buy...check your PM's. Thanks.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

It is also pretty obvious that Shackler's will not be the single as it is called "an album track". I am fairly certain we will get another song as a single just a few weeks before release.

Board footer