You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Chinese Democracy release date?

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Any "reunionists" out there care very much about CD madagas.  CD being released opens the doors for what 90% (likely an undererstimate, but I'll be generous) of music fans really want from Guns N' Roses.  If you think that most people wouldn't jump on board in 2 seconds if there was a reunion tomorrow, you're only fooling yourself.

It's a pipe dream for anybody to think the world is really waiting with baited breath for an Axl Rose solo album under the disguise of GnR.  No successful band has ever gone on with one member of that band (two if you want to count Dizzy) and succeeded anywhere near the level of the old band.  Not one.  Even the supergroups never really succeed and they merge several members of successful bands.  Why do you guys think this is going to be the one exception to the rule? 

Can CD have a decent hit or two on it?  Sure, that has happened in the past in these situations.  Is the public going to be begging for or lining up for another Axl Rose solo album after this one?  No.  So what is the logical next step?

Azoff has an established track record.  The public wants it.  There will be huge money involved and I'm not foolish enough to think that money (and the ego boost that goes with it) isn't a motivating factor for these guys.  None of the band members have ever said no to the possibility of it under the right circumstances.  Azoff has worked in difficult situations before...he can bring sides together that people thought would never see eye ot eye again, so don't think GnR is any different. 

I see both sides of this discussion and neither side is wrong.  It's fairly obvious that CD is intended to be released this year.  It's also pretty obvious that there are signs indicating that a reunion is AT THE VERY LEAST a realistic possibility in the relatively near future (next 2 years).  You guys are all trying so hard to prove the other side wrong...neither side is wrong.  Anything is possible from CD being pulled and a reunion early next year to CD coming out followed by 3 more GnR albums and no reunion ever happens (and everything in between).  No matter what happens, isn't NOTHING the only really bad scenario?

Sky Dog wrote:

russ, does your UNI contact know if Gnr is still on the release list? Fairly important question.

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Any "reunionists" out there care very much about CD madagas.  CD being released opens the doors for what 90% (likely an undererstimate, but I'll be generous) of music fans really want from Guns N' Roses.  If you think that most people wouldn't jump on board in 2 seconds if there was a reunion tomorrow, you're only fooling yourself.

It's a pipe dream for anybody to think the world is really waiting with baited breath for an Axl Rose solo album under the disguise of GnR.  No successful band has ever gone on with one member of that band (two if you want to count Dizzy) and succeeded anywhere near the level of the old band.  Not one.  Even the supergroups never really succeed and they merge several members of successful bands.  Why do you guys think this is going to be the one exception to the rule? 

Can CD have a decent hit or two on it?  Sure, that has happened in the past in these situations.  Is the public going to be begging for or lining up for another Axl Rose solo album after this one?  No.  So what is the logical next step?

Azoff has an established track record.  The public wants it.  There will be huge money involved and I'm not foolish enough to think that money (and the ego boost that goes with it) isn't a motivating factor for these guys.  None of the band members have ever said no to the possibility of it under the right circumstances.  Azoff has worked in difficult situations before...he can bring sides together that people thought would never see eye ot eye again, so don't think GnR is any different. 

I see both sides of this discussion and neither side is wrong.  It's fairly obvious that CD is intended to be released this year.  It's also pretty obvious that there are signs indicating that a reunion is AT THE VERY LEAST a realistic possibility in the relatively near future (next 2 years).  You guys are all trying so hard to prove the other side wrong...neither side is wrong.  Anything is possible from CD being pulled and a reunion early next year to CD coming out followed by 3 more GnR albums and no reunion ever happens (and everything in between).  No matter what happens, isn't NOTHING the only really bad scenario?

well, I agree with just about everything. I personally want both.
1. I realize the general public looks at this as an Axl solo record. So do I. However, unlike most Gnr fans who are so wrapped up in the name issue and popularity, I don't give a fuck what the band is called or if it sells 500,000 copies. I just want good music from Axl Rose and am interested in what the fuck he has done for 14 years.

2. If they intend to reunite, then Axl needs to dump anything and everything from these sessions within a 6 month timeframe. The only way Axl can overcome the "10 years for this?" mindset of the general public is to dump all the material at once-shock and awe with 3 discs sold separately or hell, just sell it altogether for say $15-$20. Dump it all.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

madagas, I want both too, I'm just not sold like some other people are that CD is going to be good music.  What I've heard so far leads me to believe it isn't going to be a good album overall, though there will be some good songs on it.  Hopefully there are new songs or better mixes/production on the songs we've heard to make them more listenable to me.

I also agree with your 2nd point, and believe that will ultimately be what happens.  1) CD release through best buy; 2) general release after the best buy contract expires with additional songs/live performances and/or a box set to wrap up the CD era; 3) reunion.  This may happen as quickly as 6-12 months (based on the bb contract and if they tour or not) or could take a couple years.  I'm assuming best buy doesn't have exclusive rights to the album forever, but I could be wrong.  I don't know a lot about these deals and how they work.

Sky Dog wrote:

looks like Best Buy has some Chinese in their system...here are their sku numbers, probably three different colors before anyone goes apeshit.

Posted at GNRSOURCE.com:

9111016 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $13.99
9111034 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $13.99
9111052 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' - $13.99
9111061 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $19.99
9111043 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $19.99
9111025 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' - $19.99

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

this apbum being exclusive to best buy or whatever...

what does that actually mean, it wont be sold anywhere else in the world except this store? i mean, how are us UK people gonna get hold of it ?

RussTCB

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
madagas wrote:

looks like Best Buy has some Chinese in their system...here are their sku numbers, probably three different colors before anyone goes apeshit.

Posted at GNRSOURCE.com:

9111016 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $13.99
9111034 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $13.99
9111052 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' - $13.99
9111061 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 1' - $19.99
9111043 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 2' - $19.99
9111025 - Chinese Democracy 'Version 3' - $19.99

Longshot but could this by any chance be:

CD 1
CD 2
CD 3

in a similiar style to

UYI 1
UYI 1

Doubt it and like madagas said probably different colours but who knows at this stage.

Board footer