You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

Re: Brain talks Chinese Democracy

holy shit Axl playing the guitar live? that is so foreign to me, i dont know if i want to see him do that, its cool but it kinda takes his enigmatic epicness away, almost seems too workman like with a guitar. still interesting to see.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Freese won't be on CD. His WRITTEN work might be on CD, and he'll get credited, but the actual recording will be either Brain or Frank.

Brain is a great technical drummer, but i've just never been big on his sound. I don't know if that's his artistic sound (because he has that hip hop vibe on alot of his stuff. Funky beats) It just... I could never ever get into as a Guns N' Roses sound, and I don't know why. I can dig Bucket's guitar, Ron's guitar, Pittman's keys... but Brain's drumming just, I could never get into.

Frank on the other hand, I feel is just much more of the sound it should be. He's not technically as gifted as Brain, but the sound is 'right'. There's a more rhythmic sound Frank's drums have, whereas Brain's come across as 'one of the best drum machines alive'.

GN'R don't need a John Bonham, they need a Steven Adler, if that makes any sense.

Just one man's opinion. Frank > Brain (on GN'R terms)

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I don't really have a problem with the drums, and as far as live performances go, Brain(and the rest of the band) kicked ten tons of ass on Madagascar at Rio 2001. Still the high point for the CD era in a live setting.

Emphasis on 'band'. Band sounded great... the vocalist... 10

Captain Winkler

maybe if they were making a rock album in the vein of appetite, but they aren't, i don't think sloppy drums mix with the technical brilliant of bucket or bumble imo.

AND I AM RIGHT

Captain Winkler

also do you honestly think he would be laying down hip hop-esq drum beats if Axl didnt want him to?

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think they do anything without Axl Kennedy McMahon's say so.

No Chance In Hell

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
dr_love6977 wrote:

That's fucking crazy. 8 months to track drums.

So Freese recorded 30 songs, then Brain re-recorded them. Who's going to be on the album, Brain or Frank?

Brain on most tracks, I take it.

Frank on two or three.

Freese has been absent from the record since 2001.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

wow, half a million dollars just to get his feel.:haha:

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Jesus Christ. I now completely understand Brain and why he was so detached from the band... And why no one can say if he is still in or not. And even Robin for that matter. It sucks. Let the dude play the way he plays. That was bullshit.

Points I picked up on: Brain really dug being a part of GNR until he bascially became Josh's stand in. And Roy Thomas Baker was much more involved than what people were lead to believe (that he was fired before recording a single note). And that GNR is the most unstable, unorganized, weird-ass band on the planet.

If Axl listened to that interview, maybe it would tell him why Brain, Robin, Josh and Bucket aren't in the band anymore.

Board footer