You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

PaSnow wrote:
Tommie wrote:

From Hell:

That would be insane if the press release was launched today.
Mysteron, chances of that happening?

Mysteron

I have no idea.

It's a big moment for Axl so we'll see what happens. We know the release date etc.. so there is no immediate rush..

Doesn't Bestbuy.com say the release date is 11/25?? Didn't Mysteron agree when the rumor was it's release date was Sunday 11/23??

Sorry I haven't been reading these threads all that much, but which is it? If it's the 25th, Mysterons fallen pretty out of the loop on things . He may have connections to the tour (works at Electric Factory or something) but I'm not sure he's inside on the album all that much.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

Pa, I'm pretty sure the Best Buy date is incorrect. Best Buy's Canadian site has 11/23. Also, Best Buy initially posted an incorrect track listing. As I said, I'm pretty sure the 11/25 date is incorrect.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Big Gun wrote:

what is he on about ' we know the release date so no rush'? most people dont know that is coming out, so i guess if you wanna sell loads of records you gotta hurry.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

What he's saying is that everybody that cares knows about it already.  If they are going to get the general public interested, it's going to take the first single, not an Axl Rose press release to do so.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:
Mikkamakka wrote:

Prostitute unheard?

They think that This I Love is New Song #2.

Doubt it. 

The blood curdling screem that opens the album is the first thing you hear from Axl- the opening scream to CD.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

The blood curdling screem that opens the album is the first thing you hear from Axl- the opening scream to CD.

The quote says that it's how the album opens. That's not true. The album opens with a bunch of Chinese people talking and then a crunching guitar lick. THEN Axl's scream comes in. He ain't on there for a full minute and 25 seconds of the song. 16

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

The quote says that it's how the album opens. That's not true. The album opens with a bunch of Chinese people talking and then a crunching guitar lick. THEN Axl's scream comes in. He ain't on there for a full minute and 25 seconds of the song. 16

Haha, we're talking about journalism of course.  They don't always have the facts.  They also stated Prostitute was unheard.  16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Saikin wrote:

Haha, we're talking about journalism of course.  They don't always have the facts.  They also stated Prostitute was unheard.  16

Touche. 22:haha:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Pa, I'm pretty sure the Best Buy date is incorrect. Best Buy's Canadian site has 11/23. Also, Best Buy initially posted an incorrect track listing. As I said, I'm pretty sure the 11/25 date is incorrect.

Thanks Tejas, so it's still expected to be Sunday?!  We'll see.

buzzsaw wrote:

What he's saying is that everybody that cares knows about it already.  If they are going to get the general public interested, it's going to take the first single, not an Axl Rose press release to do so.

Buzz there's no such thing as bad publicity, so any pub is good news. The Dr Pepper press release, that was on yahoo.com & cnn.com's home pages. Granted, it was a small blurb about it, but a CD Release Date press release will certainly garner interest & attention.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Interest?  Maybe.
Attention?  Yes.
Record sales?  No.

I guess I should have clarified what I meant.  The people that are going to buy the album on day 1 already know when it's coming.  To get others to buy it, it's going to take a single that people like, not an Axl Rose press release.  The post before mine (which I didn't quote) was talking about sales and that's what I was referring to.

Board footer