You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

If Axl has signed the contract (VERY likely given that Best Buy is putting the album on their website), then there is no going back. If Axl tries to back out on them, he will be dealing with bankruptcy. They will sue his ass beyond belief.

True...but then we don't know what the terms of their deal are...for all we know there could be an "Axl Escape Clause" built into their contract that allows Axl to cancel the whole thing the night before the release without any cost to him, or at an agreed price he pays BB for compensation....or anything of the sort. And to do it all legally and by agreement.

Don't get me wrong...i think it's finally happening in November...i'm just saying..at this point the silence from the band is starting to get slightly unnerving...as its the last piece of the jigsaw of hope we need....

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

If Axl has signed the contract (VERY likely given that Best Buy is putting the album on their website), then there is no going back. If Axl tries to back out on them, he will be dealing with bankruptcy. They will sue his ass beyond belief.

True...but then we don't know what the terms of their deal are...for all we know there could be an "Axl Escape Clause" built into their contract that allows Axl to cancel the whole thing the night before the release without any cost to him, or at an agreed price he pays BB for compensation....or anything of the sort. And to do it all legally and by agreement.

Don't get me wrong...i think it's finally happening in November...i'm just saying..at this point the silence from the band is starting to get slightly unnerving...as its the last piece of the jigsaw of hope we need....

As far as I'm concerned, it's really not that big of a deal. I've got 11 out of the 14 tracks on the album and apparently I've got them in the correct order in iTunes (assuming Best Buy's current track list is correct). 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sources close to GN'R claim the new list is 'finalized' Tejas.

Take it for what it's worth.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axl S wrote:

My only worry is that the plug could easily be pulled just like that because Axl could say "We never said once it was coming out". I'm not meaning to put a downer on anything but we are no where near guaranteed this album yet.

I have a funny story on this.  I ordered a couple other things when I ordered CD on the Canadian bestbuy site.  Anyways I called afterwards to make sure they would ship everything on the 23 or 24th of Nov instead of shipping the other things seperately.  Anyways the lady at customer service said that CD will be shipped differently in case it doesn't come out.  I laughed when she said that and I told her I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  She just said they were cautious about it.  I just thought it was funny she said that it would ship seperately so that I would get everything else if it would not come out.  16

It is funny that she said that, but they would ship everything seperate regardless because they aren't going to hold the rest of your order back while you're waiting for a pre-order.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:
Acquiesce wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:
Axl S wrote:

My only worry is that the plug could easily be pulled just like that because Axl could say "We never said once it was coming out". I'm not meaning to put a downer on anything but we are no where near guaranteed this album yet.

I have a funny story on this.  I ordered a couple other things when I ordered CD on the Canadian bestbuy site.  Anyways I called afterwards to make sure they would ship everything on the 23 or 24th of Nov instead of shipping the other things seperately.  Anyways the lady at customer service said that CD will be shipped differently in case it doesn't come out.  I laughed when she said that and I told her I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.  She just said they were cautious about it.  I just thought it was funny she said that it would ship seperately so that I would get everything else if it would not come out.  16

It is funny that she said that, but they would ship everything seperate regardless because they aren't going to hold the rest of your order back while you're waiting for a pre-order.

I ordered Primus's They can't all be zingers and that is out of stock.  The rest is in stock so they'll wait for Primus and send me the rest and then in another order I'll get CD.  But I still laughed when she said IF it comes out.  Makes you wonder how sure BB is of actually getting to sell this album.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I think the fact that Jarmo has also posted the cover art and tracklist that is on Best Buy as a news item on heretodaygonetohell.com speaks volumes about how legit it is.

We all know that site doesn't post anything unless it's true.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i think you guys put a bit too much stock in how much jarmo knows or doesnt know....

i just listened to the beginnings and endings of all the leaks in the order on best buy to see in my mind how well they mesh with each other in my mind

Chinese to Shacklers - the lengthy fade out of CD doesnt really lend well to leading into any song IMO...and the beginning of Shacklers seems pretty out of place next to that quiet fade IMO

Shacklers to Better - The Shedding end of Shacklers and the Radio freindly chorus plus the industrial sound kinda goes to Better alright but then when better kicks in there seems to be somethign missing...it doesnt quite sit right with me

Better to SoD - Finally we get a decent transition...the guitar and vocals at the end of better almost...almost suit the piano intro of the blues (its gonna be weird to call it Street of Dreams after all these years

SoD to If the World - Best fade in yet...ballad to ballad a fade then swell at the back end of the blues goes fantastic into the the if the world's raunchy bass line/spanish guitar

ITW to TWAT - the Spanish Guiatr with the grinding rhythm and bass line fade out into the orchestra...really well done

TWAT to CNTR - the weird piano ending and guitar/kid chorus kinda geos well into the echoing hauntedness/piano of CITR...i still have a hard time rating CITR cuz of the difference of the recordings form the rest of the leaks...still i htink it will work well

OK so we now hit our first hole...for arguments sake i placed Song 2 between CITR and Riad just to see...maybe i'm reaching i dunno but here's what my feelings are on it

CNTR to Song2 - Mays screaming guitar matcehs well with the tone of the beginning of song 2...also the end of Catcher and the beginning of Song 2 are very similar in composition and speed and structure

Song 2 to Riad - Song 2's fadeout is pretty long and the intro to riad is relatively quiet with te hheartbeast type of thing going on..it was a surprisingly smooth transition

now we defiantely don't have Sorry so i skipped right to the end of IRS

IRS to Maddy - the axl singing at the end if IRS flows decently into Maddy's Orchestra...also the end of IRS is kinda sung like hes resigned to the fact...there not anymore that i can do...leads well into the somber beginning of maddy

now back to argument's sake...

Song 2's fade out into Chinese - the end of song 2 is REALLY long...and just kinda boring fade out of piano and shit...if this is how CD ends i wont lie that it'll be a bit weak IMO...and the weird screeching before the chinese people doesnt really flow all that great...however not all CD's tie in well from the last song to the first song...

so there you go...based on what i have...thats my thought to the song to song progressions

Best sequence IMHO

Street of Dreams
If The World
There Was A Time
Catcher N' The Rye

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

anyway i know that you guys are adamant that song 2 is prostitute but it fits really well between Catcher and Riad tongue

ereeper
 Rep: 14 

ereeper wrote:

I've always pictured a bit of filler between tracks to make the connections.  Some kind of Pink Floyd like transition.

Board footer