You are not logged in. Please register or login.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

Re: Chinese Democracy Official Tracklist

jimmythegent wrote:

hey this is still exciting

im sure there are major improvements as to what we currently have. Im also looking forward to hearing the thing the way it was meant to be heard - as a whole

must say im surprised that TWAT isnt the last song, but Prostitute is still a logical choice as well

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i dont think anyone has the right to complain about the lack of 'new' songs we chose to download them, nobodies fault but ours.

Bullshit. Axl was the one who delayed this thing for so long that most of us thought it would NEVER come out. Leaks seemed like the ONLY way to ever hear these songs. This is all on Axl.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

yea shackler's is lame,but the mastered version of IRS might surprise you? i know the live version of IRS blows me away but the studio is horrible.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

Im pinning my dreams on the 3 new ones being monsters

especially the mythical 'this i love'

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

hey this is still exciting

im sure there are major improvements as to what we currently have. Im also looking forward to hearing the thing the way it was meant to be heard - as a whole

must say im surprised that TWAT isnt the last song, but Prostitute is still a logical choice as well

Assuming of course that Song 2 is Prostitute. TWAT and Song 2 both have great endings to them, both of which I feel are "album ender" type of endings. TWAT just has that incredible climax and sudden ending. But I can see why Song 2 (Prostitute) would be an even better album ender, with such an extended outro.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

OMG JUST BE FUCKING HAPPY ITS COMING OUT, THE  MASTERED VERSIONS AND THE 3 NEW SONGS INCLUDING A MASTERED VERSION OF CATCHER SHOULD SATISFY YOU Uh!

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Captain Winkler wrote:

i dont think anyone has the right to complain about the lack of 'new' songs we chose to download them, nobodies fault but ours.

I'm not complaining about no new songs. My complaint stems from my opinion that several of these tracks(Shackler's, IRS,etc.) are not album worthy, which would leave space open for new tracks.

Agreed, both of those songs are b-side quality really.

Also didnt think Catcher would be on it. Or maybe even Rhiad. This tracklist makes me think  that the whole 3-4 albums worth of material is a bit of bs.

I want to hear This I Love more than anything else.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

and the song is called 'Catcher' and not 'Catcher in the Rye'??

Potential issues with using that title.

Indeed. But one would think that song titles have been made out of book titles in the past. Granted, J.D. Salinger is known for being a recluse himself and the type that would NOT grant permission for using the name of his book.

jimmythegent

jimmythegent wrote:

wow, an album cover, tracklist and pretty much confirmation of a release date.

announcement must surely be imminent? but whats really left to announce I guess?

Board footer