You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: 14 years that are gone forever...

Axl S wrote:

I was born a couple of months after the Illusions albums were released. I went through most of my life so far oblivious to GN'R and only in the past 3-4 years have begun to become a complete Gunsaholic. After been mocked for liking the album and being told by my friends that it'll never come out it's nice to be able to say "Well I only predicted it's release two years early".

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I was in the 6th grade when rumblings of this album started production.

Since then i've finished half my entire youth and school, went to college, flunked out, started a career in construction, got laid off, went recluse for almost a year, returned to college, and am currently succeeding.

That's just counting CD. Since the Illusions, jesus, I was just a little 1st grader that was mesmorized by the You Could Be Mine video, 'cause I liked The Terminator.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Buzz & Big Bri I think we're all the same age. Funny, I always thought you guys were younger. When UYI came out I was about 2 or 3 weeks into college, felt a little lonely & isolated. I remember getting out of my 8:00 class and walking across the street to buy it (I think they opened early that day). I was listening to it in my dorm room & a guy walking by asked if it was the new GnR & how it was... Didn't even know who he was.

Since then, yeah as with everyone met & lost touch with tons of people Met girls, had my heart broken, did drugs, quit drugs, got a dog named him Taco.My family is good though, parents are still kickin', had my last grandparent pass away, and a cool Uncle die just last year at only 56. RIP family, I'll enjoy this GnR cd just a little more this time around.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i remember when UYI came out...a chick in my grade 11 english class said that she couldnt beleive Axl would sing something so gay like "Ain't that Fresh" 16 i don't know why i remember that to this day hmm

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

That is pretty funny. I guess because you & I would never even think twice about that line which is why you still remember her saying it.

BurningHills
 Rep: 15 

BurningHills wrote:

I graduated middle school.
I graduated high school.
I met my future wife.
I graduated college.
I work in my chosen profession with degree from said college.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

I don't post here that often. I mainly come to read and just digest everyone else's words. Your post really hits home with me. I spent so much time in high school defending Guns N Roses, and Axl Rose. I've spent so much time backing a band that hasn't really done anything. I'll defend Axl Rose with my last breath if I have to. And after so many false starts, and so many maybes, this really, honestly, actually might possibly be happening. And I don't know what to feel. I tell the few people I have who will actually listen to me that the cd is coming out, and I get the same thing I've gotten for so many years. Yeah, uh huh, sure. To actually HAVE the cd in my hands.........I don't know. I'll probably be numb. inside right now I am screaming and so excited and can't wait for it to be here.  I think what makes me sad is that I have no one to tell that believes me.

As for my timeline, I graduated high school, went through a semester of college, went to trade school and left, moved close to a dozen times, went through four relationships, got married, had my ten year high school reunion in August, and am now in the process of getting a divorce and currently living on my own. Been through eight cars, lost both my grandfathers, stopped talking to my best friend of ten years, have 30 tattoos. And that's just off the top of my head. It just amazes me how much has gone on, yet the one constant was always waiting for this album to come out. And while it'll feel totally awesome to finally have it and be able to say I told you so, its going to feel weird. I know one thing, I can't wait to see what happens next. I've been on the ride this long, there's no getting off now.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

timeline?

i became a guns fan in 96'.
graduated junior high
graduated high school
graduate college
voted in 2 presidential elections
began and ended a 6 year relationship
got a MA degree
3 Pats SuperBowl wins, 2 Sox World Series, 1 Celtics Banner

and through it all the UYI CDs and AFD provided a lot of the soundtrack. it's a big deal in that sense...it'll be something that I can carry with me through all the next big moments.

Board footer