You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Re: Song #2 is Prostitute confirmed..

Backslash wrote:

Didn't Axl say we'd get an update 8 weeks before a release?  So far we've got nothing, and we're closing in on 5 weeks.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Axl wrote:

In regard to a release date for the album itself, certain minor - and I do mean minor -- additions, as well as contract negotiations, need to be completed. Barring any unforeseen complications, these things have now been adequately scheduled. The band and I, along with our record company, feel that this record deserves the proper setup and promotion, not the '13 Tuesdays left' and 'It may just appear in your record store' approach offered by management. We believe this strategy may have been used as a tool by management to sell this latest tour to the various promoters, and if this was the case, this was obviously unfair to them. The stress of dealing with this situation has been considerable for everyone, including the band, but more important, in our opinion, it was something utterly insane to do to our fans. You have our apologies, and please know we have been laboring over this with management for the entire North American tour.

It takes approximately eight weeks for an album to hit the shelves once it has been turned in to the record company. For whatever reasons, it appears that it may have been mistakenly inferred by management that this time period could be condensed to three weeks. With that being said, this is not a promise, a lie or a guarantee, but we do wish to announce a tentative release date of March 6. This is the first time we have done this publicly for this album. Others have made up all the other dates for their own reasons. We would like to assure the fans that everything in our power will be done to meet this date. Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Reading that letter again made me throw up a little in my mouth.  It's hard to call it the worst idea ever in a saga filled with so many bad ideas, but it's on the short list.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Agreed. It's either filled with lies or just an insanely stupid thing to put those ideas out there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:
Axl wrote:

Once it is finalized and official, you will be notified. If we are delayed for unseen reasons, you also will be notified as soon as possible in regard to a new date, and the album will be released as shortly thereafter as is possible. We thank you for your patience.

fast forward 19 months...and still no update 18 2

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
von wrote:

I'm the one who said Friday, if I can just go ahead and call myself out. That's what I was told by a very reliable source when all of this was starting to snowball. I shared it here. I didn't intend to start a rumor and I do not believe I have a track record of being deceptive or misleading or making false, wild predictions. I confirmed the Body of Lies song as being legit way before anyone cared to pay enough attention. I don't come out with these things too often, but when I do, give me the benefit of the doubt and please listen. I have legitimate connections both within the media and industry itself. Again, I was told that Axl Rose was preparing his own "press release" for Friday. Whether or not he delivers on Friday is up to Axl, I guess. I still stand behind it.

o ok. thought i eard it from somewhere else too but couldn't remember. Today just has that Right feeling ya know? i hope it is today.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
madagas wrote:

per the prior 14 years, I expect nothing. I rarely if ever see any music press releases done on Friday.

GN'R announced the 2006 North American tour on a Friday.

Axl issued that 'open letter' on a Thursday.

So at least for GN'R, press releases at the end of the week are common.

Board footer