You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: How does the new material rank against the old?

war wrote:

lol

another person that doesn't understand the complexities and analogies of my posts

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

you guys think what i said is absurd yet neemo says ofcourse to it?????????

its all about "feel-good" music....song from your youth tend to have a deeper meaning to the individual...one relates to them better cuz they relate back to a part of their life which they look back fondly on...or soem shit

in that regard i agree with war...if CD songs were 20 years old from my youth and they were songs i listned to back then with my buddy's then yeah i would look back on them fondly...the older and more synical i get the harder it is to please my grumpy old ass 16

i used to do a little but a little wouldnt do it so a little got more and more...i just kept tryin to get a little better said a little better than before

if ya catch my drift cool

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I understand what you are saying, but that's a generalization.  I don't think people will always prefer the first album they fell in love with. I think the quality of the material certainly comes in play. For example I'm an Oasis fan. The first album I've heard of theirs is their second album. I fell in love with it. It  provided the soundtrack of my youth because those songs were everywhere. Yet, I prefer  their first album to it . Right now I also prefer the album they released a couple of weeks ago which is their 7th. I think most true fans of a band weigh their favorites on the quality of the material.

war

war wrote:

hi neemo
yes, we understand each other and i posted those same sentiments. how's dtj?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
war wrote:

how's dtj?

good...and busy...the baby is now cooing and smiling aparently big_smile i've yet to see pictures though 4

and she's excited about how things are finally happening in gnr land

war

war wrote:

pm

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

i have to take back what i said early in this thread. i listened to UYI 1 during long drives last night and this morning. right now, i cannot see CD coming close to that or UYI 2. CD is too "ballady," and the rockers do not have the same raw aggression or blues-driven vibe that i prefer. Right Next Door To Hell, Double Talkin Jive, Perfect Crime, Garden of Eden....i wish there were a couple songs in the mold of any of these on CD.

Board footer