You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: CD and WTTJ comparison

war wrote:

so i have your permission, buzz? 14

i disagree without prejudice.....

if you like the demo of one song more than the released version of another.  you can assume you will still like the same song better once it is released since it is 99.9 percent more likley to sound even better than the demo version.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i htink smoking is referring to the effect used on guitar and the screaming opening vocal ...both songs do the same thing in that regard

its nto about htem sounding the same or one being better than the other

Locomotive98
 Rep: 17 

Locomotive98 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Listening to CD the other day and now knowing its the first song off the album, it reminds me a lot of WTTJ and how it leades off AFD.  They both have that delay effect going in the intro which leads to a big build up.  Also you hear a lot of bluesy rock fills going on as well, similar to the guitar fills on WTTJ.  Also the long scream by Axl both take place in beginning of the song.  Just thought there were some similarities.  Its one of the few songs that sounds like the older GNR songs.  Its a great way to kick off the album IMO.

I kinda hear what your saying but after the scream in Jungle you have the remainder of one of the greatest rock songs ever but with CD you have a scream that goes to riff that would make Cobain call his lawyer (if he wasnt worm food of course).

buzzsaw wrote:

You'll take a demo over one of the greatest rock songs ever?

Yes, because I think that Chinese Democracy is a better song.

I'm sorry if people don't agree.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I think it's more mimcking Rock You Like a Hurricane than WTTJ, but yes, it has the classic opener feel that WTTJ also has.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

so i have your permission, buzz? 14

i disagree without prejudice.....

if you like the demo of one song more than the released version of another.  you can assume you will still like the same song better once it is released since it is 99.9 percent more likley to sound even better than the demo version.

Didn't offer or expect anyoe to seek my permission for anything.  All I said was that it clearly isn't being objective, which it isn't.  Being objective isn't a requirement, it just renders your opinion worthless. 

Think of it as the same as me saying one of the songs that nobody has heard yet sucks.  Yes, it's an opinion, but it's worthless.  Same thing here.

I like the song Chinese Democracy,but there's no way in hell that it is a better song than Welcome To The Jungle,and CD sounds nothing like WTTJ.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

All reviews of music are SUBJECTIVE and never objective...it is always to personal tastes. That said..i can see the logic in waiting to hear a finalised version before making too many comparisions...that's why i havn't posted in a few of the current new vs old topics we have running at the moment...i'll do that in 5 weeks time (yay!). However I think the OP was just saying that it's interesting that although 1 song is a lot more modern than the other and generally quite different at first 'glance' ..there are some stylistic similarities when you look at it..

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Jungle is far superior than CD, but I do think Jungle, Civil War & CD are ALL great album openers. Really strong starts to those albums.

Not so much on Reckless Life & Right Next Door To Hell.

That bass riff on Right Next Door to Hell blew me away...made me crank up UYI1 every time!

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Jungle is far superior than CD, but I do think Jungle, Civil War & CD are ALL great album openers. Really strong starts to those albums.

Not so much on Reckless Life & Right Next Door To Hell.

That bass riff on Right Next Door to Hell blew me away...made me crank up UYI1 every time!

I think Slash plays that intro on bass... I say that cause he is credited with playing 6 string bass on that song.... Not sure.

And yes fellas, it wasn't to really compare the two songs as far as quality of the song, but to note a couple similarities.  Pretty cool that some agree with my observation.

Board footer