You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: CD and WTTJ comparison

Smoking Guns wrote:

Listening to CD the other day and now knowing its the first song off the album, it reminds me a lot of WTTJ and how it leades off AFD.  They both have that delay effect going in the intro which leads to a big build up.  Also you hear a lot of bluesy rock fills going on as well, similar to the guitar fills on WTTJ.  Also the long scream by Axl both take place in beginning of the song.  Just thought there were some similarities.  Its one of the few songs that sounds like the older GNR songs.  Its a great way to kick off the album IMO.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

You're not really comparing a demo to one of the best rock songs ever, are you?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

WTTJ is superior, but I am talking more of the use of delay, axl scream in beginning and being the opeing song.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Jungle is far superior than CD, but I do think Jungle, Civil War & CD are ALL great album openers. Really strong starts to those albums.

Not so much on Reckless Life & Right Next Door To Hell. Average-to-weak songs to begin with, and using them to open an album is kind of a broke-legged start in a way.

Move To The City would've been a better opener for Lies, and Perfect Crime a better opener for Illusion I.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i definately think they tried to mimick WTTJ to open CD everytime i hear the track i think that

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

I don't. Sound NOTHING like jungle IMO

I don't really see the similarities in this case.

But I'll take Chinese Democracy over Welcome to the Jungle.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

You'll take a demo over one of the greatest rock songs ever?  Interesting.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

i like them both but welcome to the jungle is as perfect as a song can be

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

There's nothing wrong with liking them both, but anybody that is really being objective would wait to hear a mastered version of a song before declaring it better than one of the best rock songs ever.

Board footer