You are not logged in. Please register or login.

JIP
 Rep: 10 

Re: CD and WTTJ comparison

JIP wrote:

There are similarities between AFD and CD...
AFD starts with WTTJ..heavy riffs..just like Chinese Democracy
AFD ends with Rocket Queen...a song about sex,sleazy stuff etc...CD ends with Prostitute...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I can see what you're saying about the similarties. If I had to describe it it'd be Welcome To The Jungle meets Nirvana and NIN. It's a perfect opening to an album, just like Jungle.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

so i have your permission, buzz? 14

i disagree without prejudice.....

if you like the demo of one song more than the released version of another.  you can assume you will still like the same song better once it is released since it is 99.9 percent more likley to sound even better than the demo version.

Didn't offer or expect anyoe to seek my permission for anything.  All I said was that it clearly isn't being objective, which it isn't.  Being objective isn't a requirement, it just renders your opinion worthless. 

Think of it as the same as me saying one of the songs that nobody has heard yet sucks.  Yes, it's an opinion, but it's worthless.  Same thing here.

you like to dissmiss good points from other people by not acknowledging them, don't you?

your policy seems to be NOBODY DISAGREES WITH ME, i don't care if they are right.

i just objectively described how somone other than me could fairly compare a new demo to a finished classic and prefer the demo and you responded with a "big Word" and no mechanical points to support it.

FUN FACT 1: opinions are subjective.

an axplanation of how somone could like one better than the other can be objective and mine was and yours could be as well if you made a point rather than throwing insults and punchlines around.

demos are songs that a lot of us have been listening to for years. some are more finished than others. if you like a demo more than a finished version of a differnet song you can compare the two songs that way since demos are rough drafts and you are gonna like the final version even better. i can't possibly be more objective about something as subjective as comparing favorite songs (please see fun fact 1).

nobody's opinion is useless here, buzzsaw.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I'm not taking the bait war.  Good try though.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

ooh not willing to go the distance again with me
there's a reason they call me war wink

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:

I like how the album will open with an up-temp maniefesto of what the record is going to sound like and be about. It sets the pace and sets the bar.

Chinese would also be a good show opener.

(all like Jungle!)

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
war wrote:

ooh not willing to go the distance again with me
there's a reason they call me war wink

Not because I don't want to, but I am biting my tongue for now.  19

Board footer