You are not logged in. Please register or login.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

RussTCB wrote:

removed

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

wow, love rons contribution. i always thought the verse was a weak link in the song. this extra guitar part is definitely some good gnr sleaze

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Bad choice for a first single.  Some will not make it to the part where the music kicks in...they will be at another station.  Others will be listening for the hook that isn't there.  There's nothing catchy, nothing to sing along to...there's just nothing.  Welcome to SBQM II.  Choosing this over Better was a fatal mistake.

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Bad choice for a first single.  Some will not make it to the part where the music kicks in...they will be at another station.  Others will be listening for the hook that isn't there.  There's nothing catchy, nothing to sing along to...there's just nothing.  Welcome to SBQM II.  Choosing this over Better was a fatal mistake.

I can only assume your opinion is backed by countless research, demographics, etc?

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

-Jack- wrote:

Can someone uh... Privately... Manage... my... uhhh... personal messages?

lol. I'm not very good at this.

Also, does the leak contain the full intro? I hope not

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

'Better' is a fatal mistake full stop.  You know only recently I got round to hearing the 'Better' that came with the ANTIQUIET leaks - you know that?  That's how much I care for the 'song'... sorry, bits and pieces of music all fused together and presented as a 'song', albeit with admittedly good guitar solos from Finck and Bucket.

If the world heard 'Better' it would be an embarrassment to this band.  Might as well release 'Silkworms', IMHO.

Four good rockers: 'I.R.S.', 'CD', the much-improved 'Rhiad', and now the Bucket-inspired 'Shackler's'.  Hopefully 'Better' will be nothing more than a B-side.  Why it's so popular and liked I don't know.

OK... it's a decent song, but easily the weakest of all the new material (bar the earlier stuff + 'Silkworms'), and is not a highlight of the album.

AR

dr_love6977
 Rep: 38 

dr_love6977 wrote:
russtcb wrote:

I personally find plenty to sing along to and the chorus is catchy as hell.

Plenty of rock stations (and their listeners) seem to be already disagreeing with you.

My sentiments exactly. Singles (for a hard rock band at least) should generally follow the same format as a live show. Start off with a solid, quick rocker. Although Better is easily my favorite of the songs so far, it would be stupid to release a mid-tempo pseudo-ballad as the first single after 13 years of anticipation.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Anyone wanna hook me up?

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Anyone wanna hook me up?

I'd love to hook up with you......:butt:...HA.......

Board footer