You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Big Gun
 Rep: 11 

Re: Guns N' Roses to release Chinese Democracy single

Big Gun wrote:
madagas wrote:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_b … r-has.html

pretty great review from a big industry writer in a large publication

thanks man, that was a good read.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

And buzzsaw, of all fuckin' days for you to pull this negative shit. You don't like the song, we get it, we know, we've known, so BUG OFF to the past GN'R section.

Who the fuck died and made you boss?  I'm entitled to an opinion just as much as you are and last I checked, I'm free to post any relevant comment in any section of this site that I please.  If it deserves a negative comment, it gets a negative comment.  Believe me, I'm biting my tongue in a lot of cases.  This whole situation is nowhere near as good as you guys are making it out to be, but I'll let you have your day in the sun.

I don't appreciate you giving negative karma for stating a valid opinion as though I'm just posting to cause trouble.  Guess what?  This song IS NOT getting glowing reports from everybody, so stop fooling yourself into thinking it was some magical song selection.  It isn't that good and was a poor song choice for a first single.  Hell, I should be happy about that according to you, but I'm not.

GnR fans from the boards are being told to go to different sites to support the song "we need positive reviews on this" is what one site said...how fucking credible is that?  No shit people are claiming they like it...almost every one of them had heard the song already and were told to go post there.  What happens today means NOTHING.  New cars get old, some faster than others.  Let's talk after the album comes out and the old material outsells CD.  With CD being a BB exclusive, I'm willing to bet that's exactly what happens.  We're the only people dragging ourselves to BB to buy it...sorry to break that news to you.

That is just your opinion.  You have no facts that we will be the only people buying this record.  You have no facts that no one will like this song in a week. 

I admit, people are jumping the gun a little, but we're all excited.  In another week or so we will be able judge the situation better once the song has more listeners and therefor more response.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Russ, I still think it is. I mean, he played it live all the time.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow, I always thought for sure that first part of the CD solo was Robin.

It is.  The first part is Robin, and then the shredding comes in and that's where Bucket starts owning this song.  5

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Saikin wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Wow, I always thought for sure that first part of the CD solo was Robin.

It is.  The first part is Robin, and then the shredding comes in and that's where Bucket starts owning this song.  5

Not to get negative - I love what Bucket does - but 'owning' makes it sound like the song was so-so and then Bucket came in and made it fantastic. GNR is rolling on all cylinders here. Axl, Tommy, Robin, whoever is drumming, hell even Ron and the Dizzy-Pitman combo, they all play their asses off here. Bucket is doing crazy awesome shit on CD, but he's not the only one.

A song Bucket 'owns' might be IRS - where it's somewhat forgettable (sorry Neemo, my opinion) until he kicks in. But CD, Riad, Shackler's, Better, Street of Dreams, these are all songs where the 'band' is working as one.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
Communist China wrote:

(sorry Neemo, my opinion)

i'm still mad at you for beating me in fantasy football tongue

thats ok i've accepted that everyone thinks my music tastes are bad 16

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Great. Can someone upload an mp3 of this fucker? I can't get Audacity working to record the stream from the GN'R website, and until they release the official single I need something to put on my iPod...

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

If anyone hasn't heard it yet you can listen to it at http://x1015.com/main.html

Sky Dog wrote:

we are barely a day in to this officially and I am already sick of the conversations about sales and old/vs new and whether the song will be popular or not. I FUCKING HATE HOW THESE THREADS TURNOUT.

Board footer