You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Radio Reacts To Guns N' Roses Single

Axlin16 wrote:

Why did I come up with those comparisons?

Dude it's pretty simple... track number vs. track number.

That's about as fair as it gets. If not, the Illusions & CD would own all.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No, they wouldn't...not when you look at the percentage of great songs for each album. Roughly half of each Illusion album is what I'd call "great." Roughly 75% of AFD is not just great, but classic. There's not a bad song on AFD whereas I can easily come up with a list for the Illusions of bad songs.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

That just makes me feel inadequate. Anything Goes and Bad Apples are two of my favorite tracks off their respective albums (especially Bad Apples).

Axlin08, my vote for most underrated GN'R track goes to Prostitute.

I would agree with Prostitute. In fact you're probably right. I think it's in GNR's Top-3 ever recorded, and most think it's the worst on CD. I don't know why. The track is amazing.

Bad Apples is considerably underrated imo, too.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

That just makes me feel inadequate. Anything Goes and Bad Apples are two of my favorite tracks off their respective albums (especially Bad Apples).

I agree with this. It's a great song and for some reason a lot of the diehard fans seem to dislike it.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

I would agree with Prostitute. In fact you're probably right. I think it's in GNR's Top-3 ever recorded, and most think it's the worst on CD. I don't know why. The track is amazing.

Bad Apples is considerably underrated imo, too.

Bad Apples is a piece of shit whereas Prostitute is great and definitely underrated.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

No, they wouldn't...not when you look at the percentage of great songs for each album. Roughly half of each Illusion album is what I'd call "great." Roughly 75% of AFD is not just great, but classic. There's not a bad song on AFD whereas I can easily come up with a list for the Illusions of bad songs.

Ahh, now that's a very strong point. You're totally right there. I can honestly say there's not a 'bad' song on AFD. Lies has Reckless Life. UYI1 is an album with no bad songs either imo. UYI2 unfortunately falls, because of My World. Half of TSI is lame, and Riad on CD is just below average imo if not weak.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Ahh, now that's a very strong point. You're totally right there. I can honestly say there's not a 'bad' song on AFD. Lies has Reckless Life. UYI1 is an album with no bad songs either imo. UYI2 unfortunately falls, because of My World. Half of TSI is lame, and Riad on CD is just below average imo if not weak.

My World is not just a bad song, it's a slap in the face to the fans. I refuse to acknowledge its existence beyond knowing that it's one of the worst songs I've ever heard by a great artist. It's so awful that I do not have it in my iTunes library or on my iPod with the rest of GN'R's catalog.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

"Let's do it!"

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I think CD surpasses both Illusion albums as a whole, but lacking that really big gun such as Estranged and Coma. AFD reigns supreme of course.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

I think CD surpasses both Illusion albums as a whole, but lacking that really big gun such as Estranged and Coma. AFD reigns supreme of course.

The really big gun of the Illusions to me was always November Rain. That is the one epic by GN'R that has managed to gain mainstream success. I don't know if any of the epics on CD will be able to duplicate it, but there's some kickass tracks. I feel Sorry is as strong as anything on the Illusions. I just don't know if it will be given a chance to succeed on the radio.

Board footer