You are not logged in. Please register or login.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

DCK wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I still ain't sure we'll see new music still. Axl could just be cashing in before retirement and this literally is nothing more than the 2014 band + Slash - DJ/Ron.

Time will tell

Hope not, but very possible.

It sort of is, but the media thinks its all in revolt, and GNR is back in full force with SLASH.
So with Chinese songs intact in the setlist, it's basically a return of Slash. Amazing how that only can create such hype - but its all media driven anyway. Quite funny if you think about it.

lance

lance wrote:

I think for Axl his muse aka Slash has returned . He should be motivated to unleash all of his vision.
When  you listen to This I Love does not seem like the only true thing it is missing is Slash's solo and guitar work through out the song.

The label will throw money at studio project not a question.
Axl has his core back with Slash and Duff ( Izzy ? ) he should feel comfortable and ready .
If we dont have new album in the next 18 months then we never will. This is the last chance for GNR
Axl is being praised and getting the attention he had yearned for in the last 8 years.  If this blows up and he cant produce new music or proper vocals on the summer tour then its done.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If there was a reunion, everybody would be happy.  Well, almost everybody.  They might be happier if they had gotten CD, but no Guns N' Roses fan should be mad or boycott the prospect of a reunion.  If Axl had a press release tomorrow saying he wanted to reunite the Original Lineup (or some form of it), Guns N' Roses would soar to the top search lists instantly of all the search engines and even those fans supporting Axl 100% would have to be onboard because it's what Axl wants.

This guy is pretty smart...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

If there was a reunion, everybody would be happy.  Well, almost everybody.  They might be happier if they had gotten CD, but no Guns N' Roses fan should be mad or boycott the prospect of a reunion.  If Axl had a press release tomorrow saying he wanted to reunite the Original Lineup (or some form of it), Guns N' Roses would soar to the top search lists instantly of all the search engines and even those fans supporting Axl 100% would have to be onboard because it's what Axl wants.

This guy is pretty smart...

Lomax wrote:

Front row center is where I stand

AtariLegend wrote:

What was the point of bumping a 9 year old thread? Things were completely different.

Lomax wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

What was the point of bumping a 9 year old thread? Things were completely different.

For the "Told ya so" factor

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Lomax wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

For the "Told ya so" factor

Yes... But this was my mistake.  I mean we were bored waiting for the show, so I went back to the oldest thread of this topic to see what the familiar faces here were saying..  Pretty cool to read our thoughts from 8 years ago.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
lance wrote:

I think for Axl his muse aka Slash has returned . He should be motivated to unleash all of his vision.
When  you listen to This I Love does not seem like the only true thing it is missing is Slash's solo and guitar work through out the song.

The label will throw money at studio project not a question.
Axl has his core back with Slash and Duff ( Izzy ? ) he should feel comfortable and ready .
If we dont have new album in the next 18 months then we never will. This is the last chance for GNR
Axl is being praised and getting the attention he had yearned for in the last 8 years.  If this blows up and he cant produce new music or proper vocals on the summer tour then its done.

Problem is... Slash was never Axl's muse. Izzy was. Izzy's still gone.

It is noteworthy that the real GN'R hasn't wrote and released one single piece of original music since Izzy left in 1991.

izzy

Board footer