You are not logged in. Please register or login.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

Re: Not So Surreal Feeling...

kozygodd wrote:

ya know, for the amount of years we've all been waiting, I've often fantasized about the day we would finally get a single/release date.  I had always imagined that it would be an amazing/surreal feeling. 

However, today/last few weeks, I have not felt extreme joy or a surreal sensation.  Of course I am happy and excited for the release, but I expected I would be more CRAZED about it.

Is it just me, or does this seem like an extra innings game that just went on for too long and your just glad it's done.  I'm happy it's done, but the ending could have been 10x more exciting in the 11th inning, not the 19th.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

ya know, for the amount of years we've all been waiting, I've often fantasized about the day we would finally get a single/release date.  I had always imagined that it would be an amazing/surreal feeling. 

However, today/last few weeks, I have not felt extreme joy or a surreal sensation.  Of course I am happy and excited for the release, but I expected I would be more CRAZED about it.

Is it just me, or does this seem like an extra innings game that just went on for too long and your just glad it's done.  I'm happy it's done, but the ending could have been 10x more exciting in the 11th inning, not the 19th.

It doesn't help that we've heard 80% of the album, INCLUDING the "new" single.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

tejastech08 wrote:
kozygodd wrote:

It doesn't help that we've heard 80% of the album, INCLUDING the "new" single.

If the new single had been one of the 3 unheard tracks people would be like "fuck, now there's only two new songs on there when I buy it"

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I like you're 'extra innings game that's gone too long' analogy, it fitting. And correct. However I think Tejas is right, we've hear 10? of the songs already. I will feel a similar restrained joy when I buy the album. Glad I finally got it, but I don't think I'll have the crazed or surreal feeling I would have thought I'd have had.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I like you're 'extra innings game that's gone too long' analogy, it fitting. And correct. However I think Tejas is right, we've hear 10? of the songs already. I will feel a similar restrained joy when I buy the album. Glad I finally got it, but I don't think I'll have the crazed or surreal feeling I would have thought I'd have had.

11 of the songs. 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
russtcb wrote:

Exactly. Plus to me, this version is different enough from what we had before and we weren't even supposed to have that.

Are you serious?? It's almost exactly the same!!

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

11 of the songs. 16

But that was a pre-buckethead, pre-2000 version of CITR, imagine just how crazy its going to sound. It'll be like listening to it for the first time again.

kozygodd
 Rep: 2 

kozygodd wrote:

^^you bring up a good point.  I am, however, EXTREMELY excited to hear CITR.  Maybe that surreal feeling will hit me when I least expect it....like as I'm listening to the first 30 sec. of This I Love...I hope so.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer