You are not logged in. Please register or login.

NickNasty2009
 Rep: 2 

Re: Not So Surreal Feeling...

i'd say it still feels surreal...sure, most of us die-hards know most of the album now and probably have made up our minds as to whether we like or dislike the direction Axl took...

but c'mon..you didn't get chills up your spine when that little countdown clock came on gnr.com today?

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

It reminds me of greek tragedies. My dedication and love ultimately ruined the experience. There is no cake left for the hardcore fan, just scraps.

And indeed, Axl said "live your life, that's your responsibility"

Some us of set ourselves up for hard dissapointment.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I think we all have to reserve ourselves to the fact that come November 23rd, our lives aren't gonna change that much.  We're gonna have CD, and it'll be fantastic.  That day will be as surreal as it gets.  But the next day, the next week, the bills still need to be paid, life goes on.  In the end, it's just new music to listen to.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited as hell and can't wait for 11/23, but let's not overstate things here.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

What I find surreal is the public is now listening to what we've all been listening to for years. It's hilarious that I actually have friends texting and messaging me to tell me about the "new song"  as if I've never heard it. People who never cared one way about it before suddenly feel it's relevent conversation  now that it's on radio. Ummm... hello people this is one of the songs I've been showing you for years.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I know when you think about it, a song we first heard 7 years ago is just now being released in its proper form.  Crazy, with the way things are these days.  I realize November Rain was a work in progress for some time, but there was no youtube back then.  A little easier to keep that a secret.  But you're right, people are hearing it for the first time today.  Amazing!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i also had freinds emailing me today to make fun of me that gnr is finally getting off their asses 16

I guess for me being a GN'R fan since'87 that I think the album will be cool,but it's not the same as it was when GN'R first hit it big back in the day,and it's just not as exciting for me as it was back then,ofcourse I was a teenager back then and AFD was an angry album,but Chinese Democracy isn't,ofcourse not since it is an older Axl Rose and ofcourse he's a different person than he was back when he was back then.Whatever the hell I said....

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

Fuck...when I started being into Chinese Democracy and promoting it I was 19 years old. I'm almost 28 now. I worked hard for this album, telling people, making copies...playing a low quality version of Madagascar to people and writing hundreds, maybe thousands of long posts defending the process and Axl Rose and this.

I'm actually a bit tired of doing so.

I can say that my gut feeling all those years ago was right, Axl could deliver an album worthy of the name and all the players in the band are really good musicians.

In the end, I was right but I'm too tired to go into it again and have all the conversations all over again.

Sort of like winning world war two, you celebrate that you won and the next morning you wake up and think; "we won, but at what cost?".

Haha.

Philosophical shit.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

/\/\/\/\
what he said....

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I feel the same way.  I really expected I'd be bouncing off the walls and such, but I dunno... its hardly made a dent.  I'm guessing its because I've gotten older and matured more. 

Hell I've been waiting on this album for about half my life...and thats kind of scary.

Board footer