You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Bumblefoot featured Guest on Eddie Trunk Friday Night

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think it's a dictatorship at all Aussie.

I think these guys are musical employees. Period. They're just employees. And Axl's their boss. They can't publicly say stuff about their boss's affairs, whether business or personal.

And this has happened too many times. Ron & Chris both have no clue what made the final cut.

I can understand that maybe their parts, especially Chris' have been finished for years. I get that. But if you're a "band", you'd think it'd be a collaborative effort in the studio, even if you're in post-production. Nope. It's Axl. It's all Axl. Always has been.

My only hope is that maybe just maybe, this is Axl's baby and that maybe with future albums he'll allow "band" members to be a bit free-er and do it themselves.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

But if you're a "band", you'd think it'd be a collaborative effort in the studio, even if you're in post-production. Nope. It's Axl. It's all Axl. Always has been.

Yeah that's the bit for me that makes the whole "we're a band" thing hard to swallow.  It doesn't appear to be collaborative at all in the studio, or when it comes to any other decisions like business ones etc.

I mean I don't have a problem with the employee "hired guns" thing either and the fact that Axl runs the whole show and it's bascially his solo project.  BUT don't try and tell me that it's anything different. 

It's not a "happy little democratic family with equal say, collaboration, consulatation and input etc etc" and I'm fine with that - just don't try and pretend to me that it is.  That's all I ask of them.

And I really hope for Ron's sake as well as the other guys that perhaps they may get to a place where they are actually able to contribute at all levels to this thing going forward.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I remember when they returned in 2006, certain folks, specifically after the NYC shows were all like "this is a band", "these guys are a real band", "they're back".

And that's a cool attitude to have.

I got my ass kicked a few months later by GN'R... but as awesome as they were, it was Axl & associates, inc. - named "Guns N' Roses".

I feel the same way about Nine Inch Nails. And that's not a problem to me. But to kind of turn around and act like "hey we're a band", they'll never be a band. That's not how they are run, and it lies SOLELY with one man. NONE of the new guys.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

10 minutes in he says that nov 23rd is the date..so i dunno what peopel are talkin about...anyway after its done i'll give a synopsis

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

trunk asks who is on the song

Robin -  first part of lead
Bucket second part of lead
Ron - Rhythm
tommy on bass
ron said brain on drums initially (and trunk said frank)...then he said he doesnt know who is on drums
dizz and pittman are on it
he doesnt mention fortus and tobias

axl, caram produced it
andy wallace mixed? Ron couldnt remember who mixed it

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

ron mentions our site big_smile

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

he said it wasnt music related

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dunno...obviously these guys should all get together and go over the script as to what's goin on and have a final mix listening party and all that shit...i have no idea whats goin on but i think its more of jsut a case of axl being preoccupied with finalizing the latest deal and shit and not informing others

especially if they are doing a live interview they should know some details...as for the callers on trunk's show...obviously someone should have screened them for stupid comments...thats bad professionalism by trunk imo

obviously i posted this before i listened to the interview...and i must say i'm embarrased to have posted it cuz quite frankly its an ignorant post...

he just refuses to talk about the status of robin and frank and he's uinwillign to say who or who isnt on the album cuz he doesnt want to be the one to spoil the surprise...its basically the way hes always approached this saga

and then there are callers complining about hte track saying it sucks and peopel talking shit about beta...i mean whats the guy supposed to say

anyway i'm 2/3rds through and its a decent interview so far..though they do ramble on about some topics

see t hats the problem when you listen to what other peoel have to say on the message boiards without listening yourself and ishould have known this cuz its happened to me before when i took other people's opinions without listening myself but i'd like to appologise to ron and gnr for the stupid ass remarks i made a couple pages back sad

Board footer