You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Fortus plays guitar for Enrique Iglesias

It is what it is, but as BS said it makes the people who insult Slash look even sillier.

not sure why you guys feel the need to bring slash up.. can't you talk about him in the VR section or something?

i wuld cringe at seeing Fortus on a soap opera TV show with Enrique - no doubt about that.. but a man's gotta pay his bills and feed his family.   Fortus rocks on stage and thats what matters to me.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't worship Fortus. Don't care one way or the other, but how is this any worse than Slash playing with Blackstreet? Or Paulina Rubio? Or ... should I go on?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

not sure why you guys feel the need to bring slash up.. can't you talk about him in the VR section or something?

i wuld cringe at seeing Fortus on a soap opera TV show with Enrique - no doubt about that.. but a man's gotta pay his bills and feed his family.   Fortus rocks on stage and thats what matters to me.

Whilst I agree that Fortus has bills to pay like anyone else I find the situation pretty strange. I always assumed Axl paid the band members a pretty decent wage but I'm starting to think Axl may be tightening up his expenses. Wasnt Dizzy recently advertising on MySpace that he needed somewhere to sleep? hmm

It's all speculation of course. The only way to know for certain that Axl has run out of money will be seeing ChiDem finally hit the stores, unless he pushes his luck with another tour 18

...oh and for all we know Richard could be a fan of Enrique smile I doubt Fortus feels he need to rock out 24/7, maybe his wife is a fan or some shit

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I've said this in relation to Slash and I think it holds true for Fortus as well...

Whereas most fans get political about what its cool to like, most musicians respect talent in other genres than their own and enjoy branching out musically now and then.

Seriously...take a look at guys like Slash and Richard..they are the defination of a cool rock guy..and .you think they're any less cool when you bump into them in a bar cos they've played tar once with someone your not into?

downliner wrote:
Jimmy Zig Zag Bobiadis wrote:

Whilst I agree that Fortus has bills to pay like anyone else I find the situation pretty strange. I always assumed Axl paid the band members a pretty decent wage but I'm starting to think Axl may be tightening up his expenses. Wasnt Dizzy recently advertising on MySpace that he needed somewhere to sleep? hmm

It's all speculation of course. The only way to know for certain that Axl has run out of money will be seeing ChiDem finally hit the stores, unless he pushes his luck with another tour 18

...oh and for all we know Richard could be a fan of Enrique smile I doubt Fortus feels he need to rock out 24/7, maybe his wife is a fan or some shit

i dont know what they are getting paid, but I know i am the kind of person that will take as much money as I can get smile   Whether I'm making $500 a week, $1000 a week, $2000 a week, its never good enough.

Dizzy was advertising for needing a roommate in the Hollywood area, yes.   He said he needed a place for about 6 months out of the year as he's always out doing his thing with GnR n HnB,  and he was hoping for a female.

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

Guitar players like to play. Guitar players like to get paid.

Slash can play with who he likes, he's a recognised legend, he brings that extra something to a show and that's why he's asked.

I guess Fortus is the same, lower scale maybe but he's been a very well known and respected session guitar player for years and now a GNR axe man too.
He's got the chops and he's got bills, gotta pay 'em.

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:

Bob, I brought Slash up to make the point that people are quick to jump on the wagon and judge what these musicians do, based on who they perform with.  I personally don't care, they could all hook up with Ashlee Simpson and I'd still like to hear the final product.  But people are quick to judge Slash and Richard (and those fans are often on opposite ends of the spectrum) when it comes to their musical decisions.  To me, it's silly that a fan would say "Wow, Slash is so cool because he's played with Blackstreet, La Chic, and Michael Jackson.  But that Richard Fortus played with Christina Aguilera and Enrique Iglasias.  What a loser!"  From the other end of the community, the opposite statement generally occurs.  I mean, these guys are free to play with whomever they choose, and I respect that.  A lot of people don't though.

On a side note, what was a guy doing watching daytime soaps in the beginning? 16

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:

There is a difference between being a legend or a session player. Slash is invited to make his presence felt on the song. To add something to the song. Richard is invited when they want someone who can play the chords well for the first try so they don't have to wait for the shit to get done. Different league.

BTW I'm not happy with Slash playing with that Rubio chick etc., but he did some good stuff with artists that I don't really like (like Jacko, Cypress Hill or Marta Sanchez).

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

DEAR GOD PROSHOT!!

On a serious note though, I don't really care about little novelites like this until I have a copy of the album. Although the ammount of flack Slash is getting for this is unfair.

Board footer