You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: have the leaks killed the hype?

Bono wrote:

Only for us maybe. The general public doesn't know or give two shits about the leaks so that won't have an impact at all on them. I honestly think whe they release Better things will pick up alot. Axl voice will be recognizeable and people will like that song better. It's much more radio friendly at least. Radio listeners will respond much more to a  familar voice

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

I think it does for us diehards since were largely familiar with this material. I am glad they finally released a single, but I certainly wasn't excited to hear it like I would with a song I've never heard before.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Did you guys see this. AC/DC set to sell 800,000 in 1 week. Wal-Mart exclusive.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6611

GNR should be able to sell at least that much. Way more hype and promo behind GNR.

A LOT more people make their way to Wal-Mart than BB.  Anyway, the real test will be week 2 sales, not the week 1 sales when every internet fanboy has purchased 5 copies for himself.  I bet it takes years for BB to get rid of their initial purchase if the numbers reported are accurate.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't doubt your claim about wal-mart, but it's ac/dc! That's nuts. Good for them. Shows you the power of good reviews.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

the leaks haven't killed it for me...as a collector and a fan, i'm glad i have more than 1 version of the song....i like comparing, gives you insight into the process the band went through...

the general public don't really know much yet, we have to wait a bit more for the real PR to kick in...a few radio stations won't make too much of a dent in the music world...these guys need to get onto MTV and VH1 and start pimping it there if they are to get some real hype going...

and i agree with buzz on that the 2nd week sales will be a more accurate description of how the album is doing in the real world...but regardless, we also count...so if my 5 copies of the disc contribute to the overall tally...good for me....and them....

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
russtcb wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Did you guys see this. AC/DC set to sell 800,000 in 1 week. Wal-Mart exclusive.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6611

GNR should be able to sell at least that much. Way more hype and promo behind GNR.

A LOT more people make their way to Wal-Mart than BB.  Anyway, the real test will be week 2 sales, not the week 1 sales when every internet fanboy has purchased 5 copies for himself.  I bet it takes years for BB to get rid of their initial purchase if the numbers reported are accurate.

Week 1 sales do alot to help week 2 and thereafter. If it does huge numbers in week 1 then it helps create buzz for week 2 when people who didn't buy it look into it to see what they missed out on.

Yeah, very true.  And buzz you're always looking to downplay any success GNR may have.  At first it was, Chinese Democracy (the song) did well the first day but let's see how it does the second day.  From my perspective the hype didn't die at all, maybe we had to wait for the 3rd day?  Now it's, well it'll sell well the FIRST week, but just wait till it flops the second week.  I see where you're coming from, I mean you could be totally right.  It just seems you seek out the negative and fail to ever recognize the positive.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

bottomline is that its only the 3rd day...wayy to early to determine success

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Some people actually like ac/dc.  I know some people that love them.  I think they are ok, but I haven't bought one of their albums since The Razor's Edge.  I've walked by the wal-mart display - they do a pretty good job with it, I hope the BB display is more impressive and I have a feeling it will be if they tie the re-releases to it.  The release of CD is going to end up being profitable for Slash and Duff if BB markets it the way I think they will.  If somehow they can get the young generation to buy CD, all those kids are going to buy the back catalog eventually as well.

I will go purchase CD at some point - probably not day one, but even if the album as a whole isn't good, I will still support Axl and purchase it.  If it's very good, I'll be doing the same crazy shit others are doing like buying LPs to frame, etc.

Board footer