You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: have the leaks killed the hype?

Neemo wrote:

ok yesterday was nuts...today is very somber...even getting complaints

what gives? do we think the leaks and knowing this material for 6 or so years has killed the album before it's out of the gates? i would've thought this place would be jumping...but its even relatively quiet sad

what gives? i even only heard CD once on the radio today

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Well, radio is still playing it quite a lot, just go to sites and check out the playlists, but, yeah, the leaks killed the hype. At least a little, but the differences in CD make me hopeful that the others will have loads of stuff to pick up on also.

BTW, I've noticed over the course of being here that Thursday night is one of the deadest nights on the board. It's always been that way. I wonder why?

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Day before Friday. day before payday. idk. But the leaks have killed hype but somehow added to it. Just because it seems quite here don't let it fool you. We've been waiting for 14 years. The general public has been waiting about a week.,

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Actually I completely disagree. I think the leaks softened the blow, and warmed the audience up a bit. Same goes for the live performances.

If CD had hit radio waves for the first time ever yesterday, people EVEN MORE SO imo would've slagged it saying "15 years... for this?!?!?"

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

It is a bit quiet.  I am half and half on this.  I feel the leaks from 06 HELPED the buzz for CD but the chance was blown, two years later we got much lesser songs leaked (imo) and the lesser interest correlates with this.   

I do think the buzz will pick up as we near the actual release and even more once we have it in our hands.  Many of us are still a little scared something will hinder this release somehow!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

If they release something like Better or TWAT closer to release, it'll explode imo.

sandman
 Rep: 30 

sandman wrote:

the leaks have had no effect. i've heard several people give their opinion and not one has mentioned anything about the leaks. most of the public has no idea about the leaks.

the single is getting a TON of publicity. radio stations are dedicating entire segments of their shows to playing and discussing the song.

the promotion for the album has been decent as well. and i'm sure it will continue to increase. it is not just dropping with little fan fare as many have predicted.

it's not the leak's fault.it's all Axl's fault,he's the one who waited so long to release an album that should been released 10 years ago.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

It will pick up.  Chinese Democracy is strong.  I actually heard the proper single the first time just last night and I am happy with the improvements.  If they select Better as the next single (unless one of the three unheards is incredible) followed by TWAT or The Blues (that will always be the name for me), this thing may become fairly huge.  I'd like to see a couple million albums sold at least.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Did you guys see this. AC/DC set to sell 800,000 in 1 week. Wal-Mart exclusive.

http://www.knac.com/article.asp?ArticleID=6611

GNR should be able to sell at least that much. Way more hype and promo behind GNR.

Board footer