You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Steven Adler on Celebrity Rehab

I didn't know if I should put this here or in Hollywood Blvd so mods move this if you feel it should be there.

OMG, I have to say when I watched the first episode, I felt so bad for him.  I know we make our own bed but I never knew at 11 years old his mother kicked him out of his house.  His bags were packed and on the lawn because his step father made her choose between him or Steven and she chose the step father.  How sad is that!  That is when his drug taking started.

The opening seen for him, they went to his house and they saw a window broken in his china cabinet.   The docter asked what happen, he said he punched it because he had just got off the phone with Slash. He wanted to play on Slash's solo album and Slash said and I quote Steven's words "that fuck Matt Sorum is playing on it".   Then he cried out, I just want my best friend back, Slash.   I have heard him say before he wanted to kill himself but he said it on the show how Now he wants to die everyday.   So sad, really.   I have to say but he does add a bit of comic relief to the show so far.   

What I did find funny is Rod Stewarts son is on it and this model asked him who Steven was and he said, he was GNR's original drummer and that he got kicked out for being on drugs.   Then he said, can you imagine he got kicked out of GNR for doing drugs.   Is why Steven won the law suit but I can definitely see GNR's side that he wasn't recording well for UYI.  I don't want to get into a debate on why Steven got kicked out but I thought the statement was quite funny.

Anybody else watching this?

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i didnt know it was on...maybe i'll be able to catch the first episode on repeat somewhere

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

quit the shit and you are in the band.. its simple really adler.. well seems it wasnt was it. so you werent...so whats adlers problem again?  the man can hardly string a sentence together.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I really feel sorry for steve. The drugs have not done good things to his life.  I can only imagine how bad it must make slash feel too. Because he has to make these decisions for his job...but everytime it makes his friendship with steve and steve's life go that bit further down the toilet, and even though it isn't really slash's fault...it would be hard not to carry around some guilt.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

i'm watching it. i love celebrity rehab. i feel bad for steven too. but he's a grown man, he needs to take control of his life. just like gary busey did! 14

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Anyone know if Sorum and Adler have ever spat with each other in the past through the media? I always wondered what Adler thought of the guy... other than this where he's at an emotional lowpoint.

Another question of mine is why in the hell Slash wouldn't give him one damn track on the album...

Brett wrote:

Anyone know if Sorum and Adler have ever spat with each other in the past through the media? I always wondered what Adler thought of the guy... other than this where he's at an emotional lowpoint.

Another question of mine is why in the hell Slash wouldn't give him one damn track on the album...

I have never heard of Steven and Matt ever fighting, this is the first I have ever heard from Steven's own mouth how he feels about the guy.  I guess you can't blame him because he did take over his job even though the circumstances are what they were.

I agree, I think Slash could at least throw him a bone, even at the 20 year reunion, Slash wouldn't go on stage with him.  Granted he is burnt more then burnt toast but he could at least do something.  Although I am sure he thinks if I give him an inch, he'll want a mile.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I thought that was because Slash didn't want to go on stage with all of GNR minus axl though? Or maybe because he didn't want to have a fake axl singing? I mean its one thing for VR to do a GNR cover ot two in the context of their own material, but that was a whole different atmosphere. Anyway...throwing steve a bone might upset matt who he needs to keep on side for VR....

nugdafied wrote:
Brett wrote:

Why didn't Axl let Adler drum on a CD track? Maybe you should find some wasted guy from your past & become his guardian angel. Oh, you don't want to. I guess only Slash should do stuff like that. It's obviously not enough for some of you that Slash made time in his incredibly busy life to support Steven's band, participate in his intervention & tries to just be a stablizing force for Adler. No, know he should just start giving him lucrative paydays because he was friends with the guy 20 years ago, cause that's going to definitely get Adler clean. 14 Some of you people are so clueless.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I'm going to have to search for this and hopefully tivo a repeat.  When does the new eps air?

And I hope to god a certain someone doesnt see this thread.  18

Board footer